What's your streak?

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
1986 to present. Had several close years when I bagged a nice one towards the end of the season.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am back at 1.. after killing one at the end of Sept... first one after taking a 0 for two straight seasons.. Could have killed deer in booth those years be needed to lay off the does a bit and horns worth shooting gave me the chance.. I enjoy the hunt, and killing any deer is no longer the goal for me.. especially if the rest of the family is keeping the freezer full.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I stopped deer hunting when I started trapping.
About to start up again since I have to cut way back on trapping....since my back and knees are shot.
I went from '72 (first yr deer hunting) to '92 or 3...started handgun hunting in '83.
Daughter and SIL and 4 wheeler will carry/lift/drag my deer nowadays.

Last edited:

Scalf

Eight Pointer
Unfortunately didn't get one last year. I moved in the middle of the season and came close, but never closed the deal. Before that, I never went a year without killing one since I started. It's now been 2 years since I killed one!!

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I killed every year from 98-2012. Missed 2013. Brand new job and tons of OT trying to prepare for wedding and our new house. Been on it every year since then.

Also, I'm on a "streak" of killing a good buck in early December, and seeing another really good buck during late season, then killing that same deer the next fall. Been on that one for 3 seasons now.

Last edited:

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
I’m at 0. Didn’t kill last year. Haven’t killed buck in 3 years. Haven’t killed buck with bow in over 5 years. I’m choosy and I’m okay with that. It’s definitely not for a lack of hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Extended my streak to 28 this morning
42bfc5b6bb0153cca0ef80f2bc42f9a7.jpg

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I thought my bow streak was in jeopardy this year, but that one continues at 17. Over all is 25.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Some you all that got streaks going from days deer were few and doe days limited if at all are impressive. I have went seasons like last year where didn't hunt at all so no impressive deer streak. Now I can talk squirrel or turkey streaks though.

silvertip

Six Pointer
87 till present. Killed one opening day at a club I used to hunt 8 years straight, some of those were dog hunts so I thought I was pretty lucky on keeping it going.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I got skunked last year, first time since I started hunting, I don’t count the year before with the relo, never set foot in the woods buying a house in Oct/Nov, I did pass a 11’6” gator like a dummy that year so there is that, I’m younger than most and going to live long enough to enjoy at least one empty nest year so I’ll make up for 2 tag soup seasons.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
At my age it is more of a hobby than an obsession; three years since I got one but lots of circumstances keep me out of the woods as much as I'd like.

PC, you still going after them up in Death Valley?

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
At my age it is more of a hobby than an obsession; three years since I got one but lots of circumstances keep me out of the woods as much as I'd like.

PC, you still going after them up in Death Valley?

Not as of yet. Muzzleloader opens up up there next Saturday. If all goes well, I’ll be there waiting on them

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have longer stretches of not killing a deer than I do killing a deer.......when the boys got old enough.....I let them fill the freezer. Never take more than necessary.......still eating off the 2 bucks from last year.....may need some burger and sausage this year to round out freezer......

bcoburn

Button Buck
As of Sunday I'm at 4 years. I only started in 2011 and never even saw a deer on public lands 2011-2013. I took 2014 off due to my son being born.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
I have longer stretches of not killing a deer than I do killing a deer.......when the boys got old enough.....I let them fill the freezer. Never take more than necessary.......still eating off the 2 bucks from last year.....may need some burger and sausage this year to round out freezer......
That's what I was going to say and I think that might be the norm for a lot of us if we are honest about it.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do not doubt anyone's post PT Hunter......we just do not eat a ton of deer meat each year at my house. Wife and daughter will not touch it. Oldest son married and moved on......... Second son not that far from it either...... The required meat at my house seems to dwindle each year..... As long as it is vacuum packed it will keep a couple years(or more)

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Killed my first in 1997 at 8. Killed one every year expect one. 20 out of 21 years isn’t bad so far.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Im at 34yrs without killing what I consider a large racked buck. I have seen alot of 14-15" 6 & 8 pts but never a buck with more than 8pts and never one that would probably score more than 100".

sent from...... Tapatalk

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
1997-2014, first year without shooting a deer was 2015 got one in 2016 and nothing in 2017. Hope 2018 will get me back on track!

Last edited: