What's your 350 Legend set up/ammo and experience?

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I purchased a Ruger Ranch .350 Legend for my 11 year old and he loves it. It's got Vortex 3-9x40 glass. I have Winchester 180gr Power Point and Hornady 165 FTX. So far the Hornady is sub MOA @ 100 (7/8th) and the Winchester is giving me 1.5" groups @ 100. I couldn't be happier. Well, talking to my friend the other day, he advised against the FTX due to poor performance on deer. I wanted my son to drop his first deer DRT with his new rifle. I knew his shot would be 50-70 yards max at a spot so I loaded the Power Points and a high shoulder shot dropped that deer where he stood.
I'm taking the rifle to Maryland for their opener and want to bring the FTX because it's very possible I will have a 150 yard shot and the area I hunt is swamp edge. I'm very impressed with this set up and very new to the .350 and just want some input from experienced shooters of this round.

Last edited:
I have the youth/compact Ruger American Ranch in 350 L. My rifle really liked the 150gr Deer Season XP ammo. I have only killed one deer with the rifle, and it was a low shoulder shot that luckily got into the major blood vessels and broke the shoulder. I was only 20 yards from the deer and that bullet expands rapidly so the hole was quite large, about 3.5”. I need some more deer to form an opinion.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
YouTube. They test lots of.loads and.seems federal 180 gr.groups best. I plan on getting one.for.next season.mosty deer.are 20/80 yards My 30.30/ is a killer but want somemore power.and my 06 destroys to much .lol.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
YouTube. They test lots of.loads and.seems federal 180 gr.groups best. I plan on getting one.for.next season.mosty deer.are 20/80 yards My 30.30/ is a killer but want somemore power.and my 06 destroys to much .lol.
For distance, I like my .25-06. The 350 looks good for shots under 200y. I've can't find anything on the FTX for deer with the 350

I have the Rugsr American Ranch .350 and my dad has the CVA. It’s an awesome round and the deer we shot with the, took no more than 4-5 hops and dropped. It quiet I. The woods when shot and other deer did not seem to be spooked by the crack of the rifle. My Ruger loves all the Winchester ammo.

I have the Rugsr American Ranch .350 and my dad has the CVA. It’s an awesome round and the deer we shot with the, took no more than 4-5 hops and dropped. It quiet I. The woods when shot and other deer did not seem to be spooked by the crack of the rifle. My Ruger loves all the Winchester ammo.

Have either you or your dad shot any deer yet with the 150 grain Deer Season XP?