Whats the best way to get rid of mice?

Glue traps? Mechanical traps? Poisons? What kinds? Im not opposed to natural remedies but dont BS me. I need a Remedy for my camper. Yes I found out where they were getting in and plugged up all the holes. I dont want any return visitors.

How often do you intend on checking the traps?
Not often. They got in my camper at the club. I killed 3 this weekend when I was up with mechanical traps. I dont know how often I will be back. They were getting in through the power cord storage box. I sealed it off but dont need any more.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Glue traps....better bait with peanut butter and tape them down. They also WILL get off of those if you give them enough time.

Best thing is a rolling trap.
5 gallon bucket with water in the bottom. Piece of welding wire through a can slathered in peanut butter. Ramp up to top....they hop on and roll off into the water and drown

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I keep poison all up on the frame, inside the bumpers etc, all the places they tend to congregate but NOT INSIDE my camper because this time of year it may be weeks between trips. At my current location it has been there 3 years and I have yet to have an infiltrator.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Traps work good but you have to check them often. I had good success with a bait called Tomcat. You put these little green bricks inside a plastic rectangle and they go in and eat it. The poison dries them up so they don't smell.

This dude told me to put moth balls in my camper so I tried it. Didn't last long they smell so bad I couldn't even stay in it. Got rid of them.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What I have found is TRY to plug all the entrances to your camper, and that is hard, those little devils can get in almost anywhere and then keep bait outside of the camper where they climb up to get on your camper to get in. If they get a belly full pf poison prior to getting in they aren't apt to ever make it in. Also I have found I keep EVERYTHING they will eat in air tight containers. It is a PITA but I have found over the years since I have done this I have just about eliminated my rodent problems.

I could live with the occasional little bastard but they tend to nest or chew something that I always like. A favorite jacket or pair of pants. So I do my best to keep them out. Same with roaches, I spray a couple times a year. I can't remember when I have seen one but if you do usually it is too late, you have an infestation of them.

I have done just that. Luckily I think I have stopped the problem before it got to bad. I was wondering what other do to get rid of them. Maybe something I haven't tried. I agree I hate them little M ers I mean Bastards. They are destructive.

odie408

Ten Pointer
Peppermint oil will keep them out. Wife puts a few drops on a cotton ball in a drink cap placed around. Have to freshen it up monthly.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I've heard Irish spring soap cut up stuck around under stuff will work,I just put bait boxes every 10 foot or so outside

Reactions: RJ1

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
If there are holes where they get in you use steel wool to clog the holes. They can still chew through it but get bored. That's according to a pest control guy.

Otherwise, I've found you need to use poison bait traps. Keep them around. Always.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Peppermint oil does help if you can get there monthly to freshen it up. I put some in a screw top beer cap every time I leave. Maybe poison outside. Had one fall in trash can and die when I wasn’t there. Amazing how terrible a little mouse can make a camper stink!

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a camper that has been sitting on 10 acres in Warren Co. for 15 years. Started having mice problems. Tried traps, but couldn’t monitor them enough. A box of poison bait was the ticket.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
hqdefault.jpg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
we used to rig our toilet at the hunting camp as a water trap, we caught so many it stopped up the drain line. if you use a bucket trap pour a bit of oil in the water , it soaks them instantly and they sink. It also helps contain the stink.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
I'm with Revo. Smear a little peanut butter right above the water line, and the little bastards can't resist. Vegetable oil also cakes their fur and pulls them under. If you're gonna leave it all winter, add a little antifreeze. The ones in my barn have the blue window washer fluid in them. It won't freeze and it helps the smell. I cut my buckets off to the height of a square haybale. They make an excellent jump-off point

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm with Revo. Smear a little peanut butter right above the water line, and the little bastards can't resist. Vegetable oil cakes their fur and pulls them under. If you're gonna leave it all winter, add a little antifreeze. The ones in my barn have the blue window washer fluid in them. It won't freeze and it helps the smell. I cut my buckets off to just under the height of a square haybale, makes for an excellent jump-off
we used RV water system antifreeze, it was what we had one winter and it worked great keeping the toilets from freezing too. A 2x4 board up to the bowl with a piece of cardboard nailed to the end and whoever showed up first just flushed the victims down the drain, very tidy.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I got some ultrasonic repellants and traps. I caught 2 the first night and nothing since.

Edward

Four Pointer
Ramik green pellets. 4lb bag under $20.00 most places. Dries them up like mummies don't even smell them when they die.
We use Ramik here at work and it works great.