Whatcha drinking tonight?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

chef

Ten Pointer
Been doing all my tedious and hard yard work today so I dont have to do it during turkey season...think Ive had about 14 of these...
View attachment 26957
I went to Penn State for undergrad. At the time ann Busch hadn't bought them yet and this was only available in PA . This is such a great cheap beer. It holds a special place in my heart

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Man what a good few days to hit the ABC stores.
Had the new knob Creek twice Barreled rye, Buffalo Trace, Old Forrester 1897, 1920, Statesman, whistle Pig, Blade&Bow, Basil Haydens Dark Rye and even Birddog small batch.
Sure was a good day to pick for stocking up.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had the new knob Creek twice Barreled rye, Buffalo Trace, Old Forrester 1897, 1920, Statesman, whistle Pig, Blade&Bow, Basil Haydens Dark Rye and even Birddog small batch.

I went into the ABC in Creedmoor on a whim last week and found both Buffalo Trace & Blanton's. Told the cashier it felt like Christmas came early this year......

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Picked up a bottle of knob creek smoked maple today just because nothing else jumped out at me....very tasty

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Now thats a good day at the alphabet store

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Water. Was outside a lot today, scouting for turkey sign and then fishing. I think I'm finally turning into a Carolina chick. :p

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I went into the ABC in Creedmoor on a whim last week and found both Buffalo Trace & Blanton's. Told the cashier it felt like Christmas came early this year......
They said the Blantons did not last a few hrs there.
Just missed it or I would have had more.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Found a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon Cask barrel strength.
Have not seen this one in there before.
Sipping on some now.

bulleit-bourbon-and-bulleit-barrel-strength500.jpg

Last edited:

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer

Quarterly release of the annual allotment. Next release in June. I was able to pick up a few Blantons. None of the letters I need but still good bourbon.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m trying to finish off the last of a bottle of tin cup. It’s not bad....but it gets tougher as you get deeper in the bottle.

Last week was Johnny walker and some kind of maritime gun. Both of those were on point for sippin.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I’m trying to finish off the last of a bottle of tin cup. It’s not bad....but it gets tougher as you get deeper in the bottle.

Last week was Johnny walker and some kind of maritime gun. Both of those were on point for sippin.
Be careful man ol johnny will sneak up and make you do stupid stuff!!!

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve tried a few scotches and never been a fan. That was my first go with Johnny walker. Exceptionally smooth and easy drinking. Never liked gin...but that bottle was quite good. Almost to the point of a bit too sweet.

If a person wants a good desert sipper, amaretta and orchada.....I think I butchered both of those names. That’s a good sweet slow sipper after dinner. The orchada and fireball can be similar. Definitely not for the folks that like plain bourbon on the rocks. It is basically the difference in a dirty martini and a desert martini. Not at all the same but delightful in their own ways.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve tried a few scotches and never been a fan. That was my first go with Johnny walker. Exceptionally smooth and easy drinking. Never liked gin...but that bottle was quite good. Almost to the point of a bit too sweet.

If a person wants a good desert sipper, amaretta and orchada.....I think I butchered both of those names. That’s a good sweet slow sipper after dinner. The orchada and fireball can be similar. Definitely not for the folks that like plain bourbon on the rocks. It is basically the difference in a dirty martini and a desert martini. Not at all the same but delightful in their own ways.

I've never been a big fan of scotch either, but if you get a chance try one called Oban. The one I was sipping last night is a 14 year old scotch, and it's very nice in my opinion.

double

Twelve Pointer
Nothing fancy like you guys just plain ole crown dumped in Mt dew. I swear i could drink a gallon if i did not have kids asleep in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Rum (Captain Morgan Black) and Coke tonight. Normally I prefer beer, but liquor and soda hold up better in a backpack.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Just picked up this bottle of brandy while in the area to visit Biltmore Estates. Very impressed for a novice brandy drinker! Appalachian Ridge Peter Arly

Attachments

• 10BC1550-FE10-4179-B594-A16E1DF0073F.jpeg
    10BC1550-FE10-4179-B594-A16E1DF0073F.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 22

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tonight made a dirty martini for me using cape fear maritime gin. That is a great gin.

Made the lady a cranberry cosmo. I tasted that one and it was spot on.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tonight made a dirty martini for me using cape fear maritime gin. That is a great gin.

Made the lady a cranberry cosmo. I tasted that one and it was spot on.
I got a bottle of Cape Fear maritime two weeks ago, best gin I've ever tasted. Rick and them hit a homerun with recipe.