Whatcha drinking tonight?

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
V8stang289

What do you know about liquor in a decanter? I love the look and displays as KING! But all I have read up on it suggest its a bad idea and not to do it. Whats your knowledge on it? Thanks

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
V8stang289

What do you know about liquor in a decanter? I love the look and displays as KING! But all I have read up on it suggest its a bad idea and not to do it. Whats your knowledge on it? Thanks

It really does nothing for a full bottle to dump in a decanter.
It will help to place part of a bottle in a decanter. The air helps and can change the flavor or wake it up some. I like a bottle or decanters with cork or some type of seal. Glass on glass can let moisture in the bottle then what is in it get cloudy.
I keep it in the bottle it come in. Most the bottles have class, different.....

Aside from that I do have some JD rye, green lable and black that I take from the big bottle and keep in the small left over Jack bottles.
They work nice and fit the bill.

So I would never use anything other than pure glass.
No need to use different. They look nice but not my thing.

20210921_193622.jpg

Last edited:

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
V8stang289

This decanter is glass and has a silicon type seal on the lid, so it's not much different than having a glass bottle of bourbon that has been opened.

I know bourbon can oxidize and change the taste but I haven't really noticed it with how I'm using it.
I usually fill it about from a 1/2 gallon of Jim Beam, so it's not really high end bourbon. And it typically doesn't stay around too long once it's in the decanter.

Snapchat-118777422.jpg