Whatcha drinking tonight?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got potassium and calcium so it's good for you.

Attachments

• 20210723_195721.jpg
    20210723_195721.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Kicked the day off by waking my youngest up at 6:15, to wish him a happy Birthday. Settling down this evening, watching a movie about a cousin. Only The Brave. Mama said I met him a few times when I was younger. Eric Marsh, this one's for you.

20210724_234727.jpg

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
A hazy at Fonta Flora.
We used to hunt these fields. Weird you can drink beer here now.

been working all day over at Black Bear on a deck retread with trex and metal rails
It’s 500sf of retread plus handrails and some structural beefing. Nice little job. Hope to be done Monday.
B2B46ACD-84A4-4FB4-AA57-9215E2D51236.jpeg

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
A hazy at Fonta Flora.
We used to hunt these fields. Weird you can drink beer here now.

been working all day over at Black Bear on a deck retread with trex and metal rails
It’s 500sf of retread plus handrails and some structural beefing. Nice little job. Hope to be done Monday.
View attachment 71160
Demo was tough. Had to replace two stringersand do some more scabbing but we’re ready to lay decking in the AM.

Will sand all the existing wood with a rabbit and hit it with Helmsman and all will look same in a month.
Handrails are the round aluminum balusters with concealed fasteners. Should turn out nice.
BB936318-C2DF-42D8-82DB-00B0A9308571.jpegD3D5A133-B73C-4EC1-8B7A-9027B62EB6ED.jpeg

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Demo was tough. Had to replace two stringersand do some more scabbing but we’re ready to lay decking in the AM.

Will sand all the existing wood with a rabbit and hit it with Helmsman and all will look same in a month.
Handrails are the round aluminum balusters with concealed fasteners. Should turn out nice.
View attachment 71163View attachment 71164
Building decks and doing rafters was always my favorite part of framing . Although sheathing a big wide truss roof with a gentle pitch was always fun when ya wanted to blast music and fly thru the day

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Building decks and doing rafters was always my favorite part of framing . Although sheathing a big wide truss roof with a gentle pitch was always fun when ya wanted to blast music and fly thru the day

I always liked decks and walls. I was usually too nervous about bad cuts on the roof.

decking a roof was fun because you got so much accomplished so quickly

…unless you happened to ride a loose piece over the edge (not that I would’ve ever done anything like that.)

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
My brother used to spend a week every month in Burlington. His car would damn near be doing a wheelie on the way back for all the good beer he brought back.

Reminds me of one of the exchange students we had when I was a kid. Early 80s, German guy named Reiner Prinz. He had a late 60s white 4 door Impala. He once showed up with the (gigantic trunk of that thing filled with Red White & Blue.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
I'm having a 10yo Edradour "Scotland's Little Gem"

pretty good highland scotch, fine nose and a terrific palate.

just kidding, I don't know what any of that means.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Your car and his car were like Barney Fife and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The same thing, but not.

well,,, they are closer than that,,,, at least mine had the size, color, shape, etc of the one I posted pic of,,,

mine was just more beat up

so more like Arnold from kindergartern cop versus Arnold in the fake fight scene in running man,,,(where his death is faked by game show producers),,,,

kindergarten cop.jpg

versus

running man.png

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Your car and his car were like Barney Fife and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The same thing, but not.

reread- you're not talking my car and the picture (reading comprehension practice on my docket for today)

so you're saying his wasn't a late 60s Chevy Impala? or other than color how was it different?

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
reread- you're not talking my car and the picture (reading comprehension practice on my docket for today)

so you're saying his wasn't a late 60s Chevy Impala? or other than color how was it different?

his was, but it was a 4 door mommas car. Your's was cool!