Whatcha drinking tonight?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
None ya IPA by West Flanders Brewing company in Boulder Colorado.
Drinking it at their brewery on Pearl Street.
I had a green man hazy double today before diddling to burial and eating wings, burger, and a cauliflower dip and a couple double hazys. Fantastic Sunday on the south slope away from the rest of Asheville. I can’t wait for it to be a “social district” so we can carry a beer from one place to the other. It’s coming soon.

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Looks like a lemon. Was a bartender several moons ago and was taught to twist a peel. Now that I think about it I would toothpick a cherry and orange slice on an old fashioned.

That looks good…I’m inspired!!

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Looks like a lemon. Was a bartender several moons ago and was taught to twist a peel. Now that I think about it I would toothpick a cherry and orange slice on an old fashioned.

That looks good…I’m inspired!!
I guess it want the best picture.

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
What’s a good middle of the road bourbon?

For example, the wife and I drink Jameson as our daily drink ($60 a handle that lasts a few weeks). It’s good, but I’m kinda over it and would love a decent, but not expensive, bourbon.

I’ve had a few guys in my life ask how they get into drinking whisky/scotch. I always recommend Jameson as a start. No thrills. Tasty. Doesn’t break the bank. Whats the bourbon equivalent?

Last edited:

waitup

Four Pointer

For example, the wife and I drink Jameson as our daily drink ($60 a handle that lasts a few weeks). It’s good, but I’m kinda over it and would love a decent, but not expensive, bourbon.

I’ve had a few guys in my life ask how they get into drinking whisky/scotch. I always recommend Jameson as a start. No thrills. Tasty. Doesn’t break the bank. Whats the bourbon equivalent?

I like Woodford Reserve at about $34 for 750ml. That was the bourbon that got me started on bourbon.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

I'll probably get yelled at for this, but I think a good introductory bourbon would be Makers or Makers 46. You can also opt for Four Roses or Woodford. Wheated bourbons are easier to drink, so Larceny is also a good choice. All of those are readily available pretty much anywhere.

What do you think @wturkey01 ?

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll probably get yelled at for this, but I think a good introductory bourbon would be Makers or Makers 46. You can also opt for Four Roses or Woodford. Wheated bourbons are easier to drink, so Larceny is also a good choice. All of those are readily available pretty much anywhere.

What do you think @wturkey01 ?

Any of the Makers brands are excellent choices! A few years ago Makers was almost impossible to find because they purposely kept their production low! I was told they did it to maintain the "image of hard-to-find" bourbon for a limited number of clients. "Discriminating" may be a better word!

Woodford's Reserve is a good smooth drink. I like it with ice but many drinkers take it with a clear soda like 7-up or ginger ale.

Lately I've been hanging with 1792! It's another that only needs a few ice cubes!

bourbon 1792.jpg

bourbon makers.jpg

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

I like Elijah Craig Small Bath and Russels Reserve at the $35ish point.

What say you @Mr.Gadget

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is damn hard to beat.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
More than likely will be Rye tonight.
Friend showed up bringing me these.
Got to say the bottle on the Smoke Wagon is enough to sell it on its own.20210625_175809.jpg

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Tonight is my Friday so i will start off with a Mike's Hard lemonade, changing over to some ' Old Forester' hoping to see some bats at work.

Attachments

• 20210628_202744.jpg
    20210628_202744.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 2

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
20210629_233150.jpg

Passed some pieces of a kidney stone, today. Been dealing with it since Thursday. Maybe this'll relax the muscle, and pass the rest.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks folks for the bourbon recommendations.

what about this? I bought a case of it today.

View attachment 68766

Just kidding. Just the single bottle.
Hope you guys are right about BT. I usually drink Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch but starting to tire of it lately and wanted some variety. Put my name on the list at the local ABC for a bottle of Buffalo Trace awhile back. They called me this morning....