Whatcha drinking tonight?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Wound up w/ 6 bottles of Buffalo Trace for Christmas....and a little birdie told me a handle of BT is on the way. Also received a bottle of Breckenridge, which I have seen but haven't bought due to it not being from Kentucky (call me peculiar). I have heard that it's actually pretty good....will know shortly.

I'm waiting for the right opportunity to open this one soon....looking forward to it.

Attachments

• 95CABF61-8BFC-416E-81A5-1DB9454721E2.jpeg
    95CABF61-8BFC-416E-81A5-1DB9454721E2.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 56

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Ask for it.
They keep some stuff out if sight....

Yep. I asked for Blanton's last Thursday at a store in Greenville, and was pleasantly surprised. I have 2/3 of a bottle, plus another one still in the box, so I gave the one I found Thursday to a deserving employee. He was thrilled.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just got back from a cruise. Tried everything I could get my hands on. This cruise was very limited on selection in comparison to others. I was disappointed in that. From what I remember, the only ones on board were buffalo trace, turkey, four roses, gentleman jack and a couple more. Nothing spectacular.

Out of it all, gentleman jack would be my choice. I guess it all depends on what someone likes.

I had some kind of special edition woodford a while back. It was in a pottery/ceramic type bottle. It was out of this world but did not resemble any other bourbon I have ever tasted.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Capt and Sprite 6 of the last 7 nights. Training for New Years weekend ??????. I’ll break out the good stuff then.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I've toured this distillery in Charlotte and have been finding his product here in Raleigh at the ABC stores. The single malt called RUA is a solid single malt and he's using the Scottish tradition and even Scottish malt. Good stuff and I'm not a scotch guy.

http://www.brokenspokenc.com/distillery/

The distillery that makes RUA is the Great Wagon Wheel Distillery. They also have another whiskey call Quinn's Carolina Whiskey that is delicious, and very reasonably priced. I was hesitant to try at first, but was pleasantly surprised.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
The distillery that makes RUA is the Great Wagon Wheel Distillery. They also have another whiskey call Quinn's Carolina Whiskey that is delicious, and very reasonably priced. I was hesitant to try at first, but was pleasantly surprised.

Sorry, yes, the bar they opened next to the distillery is called the spoke or broken spoke. My fault.

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Been doing the Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare thing the last week with family, guests and all. Dropping back to Jack Daniels and Mount Gay tonight. Dang liquor store in Raleigh near me looked like it had been looted during a riot last Friday. The cupboard was bare. Had to go back after a restocking.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My brother-in-law is a big bourbon guy, and got me a bottle of Blanton's for Christmas. I'm enjoying a pour neat before going out to dinner with the wife. It's wonderful...

That said, he had a bottle of Pappy (12 year), which we tried Christmas Eve, and was complex beyond description. I probably should have known more about bourbon before enjoying a pour, but it was a nice opportunity that does not come along every day...

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
EF522221-7C5A-41D5-BF90-BA192A3E09D4.jpeg

Very good, just can’t find it. Picked this up at Gibby’s in SC on the way to Savannah, awesome selection in there.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
had a bottle of hennessy xo for the Clemson game.......me and buddy had a shot every time Clemson scored.....$200 down the drain......but after that, eagle rare. angels envy, very old barton and white stuff, buffalo trace, larceny and 1792......life is good for the time being......