What y'all thought?

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Same deer? I know it's early in growth, but my guess is this is the same buck. Hard horn picture is from 17 horn season. Which would put him as a 4yr old this yr, assuming it's same deer. Not sure how he injured base but it would explain growth.
6ff2892fdc0729cd56a8d58e11a14ddf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm gonna say no. You see how the main beam on the left is at a different angle. And the brow on the right is bigger than the main beam. Could be the camera angle though.

Last edited:

Sp8

Ten Pointer
They look very similar if not the same deer then probably related. How far apart were the two pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
They look very similar if not the same deer then probably related. How far apart were the two pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Same plot/feeder 2017 and this year

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes, it looks like the same deer. It appears his skull plate was damaged and he's got a large hump in his skull surrounding the pedicel. Same in the bottom pic, just harder to see.

I'd say 1.5 in the top pic and 3 in the bottom.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yes, it looks like the same deer. It appears his skull plate was damaged and he's got a large hump in his skull surrounding the pedicel. Same in the bottom pic, just harder to see.

I'd say 1.5 in the top pic and 3 in the bottom.
Pictures are 3 years apart so if he's 1.5 in first he's 4.5 in 2nd. But I agree same deer

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pictures are 3 years apart so if he's 1.5 in first he's 4.5 in 2nd. But I agree same deer

Gotcha. I thought you meant the first pic was from fall 2017. 3 years apart would be 2016...

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Get almost daily pictures of him somewhere on our place. Seams like he is gonna have good rack this year. Alot of early points so far.
4c1acad54b8ea381eb5169fbd8c9c37c.jpg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
He didnt look that old to me in that 1st pic but seeing the last pic I say it's him and someone needs to bust him.

On a side note....are you feeding protein?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Feeding a 19% at times also running some pnuts mixed in. Also trough feeding rice bran and pnut butter in cold weather...

PSell

Four Pointer
Same deer? I know it's early in growth, but my guess is this is the same buck. Hard horn picture is from 17 horn season. Which would put him as a 4yr old this yr, assuming it's same deer. Not sure how he injured base but it would explain growth.
6ff2892fdc0729cd56a8d58e11a14ddf.jpg

Good to see him growing up good, may want to consider changing how your camera is set up, as he's looking directly at it in both pictures.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Good to see him growing up good, may want to consider changing how your camera is set up, as he's looking directly at it in both pictures.
I understand what ya saying, but it's truly a non issue as far as camera scare just get to many pictures of same deer, every day, multiple times for years now. Also those cameras are different areas, different camera brands, and 3yr apart.
On side note since he started growing this year I can tell you within 20 minutes of when he will be on one of 2 cameras each morning and evening. And he stops at same salt lick 3-4 days mid day of each week. He is extremely habitual in his routes for now, which will change of course.
efd8a177877ee88860094cc0090a9ff5.jpg

PSell

Four Pointer
I understand what ya saying, but it's truly a non issue as far as camera scare just get to many pictures of same deer, every day, multiple times for years now. Also those cameras are different areas, different camera brands, and 3yr apart.
On side note since he started growing this year I can tell you within 20 minutes of when he will be on one of 2 cameras each morning and evening. And he stops at same salt lick 3-4 days mid day of each week. He is extremely habitual in his routes for now, which will change of course.
efd8a177877ee88860094cc0090a9ff5.jpg

Hope you get a chance to meet in the fall

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Gonna be Interesting to see if he stalls out or grows through August
b3e6a5d7c1ed214f8644c785ed48697b.jpg
2ee272a10cf2ba5679bcc41fd5a08321.jpg

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Same deer. Cool to see him get that big from what many would classify as a scrub. I hope he keeps growing for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I think he maybe about done on growing this year, the 8 looks to have little to go still..
66fda2aa2f1d5633e0453b1087462616.jpg
0ed4a9cb9e9a99a33513070cb0303d49.jpg