What y’all think about this chair?

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I have sciatica issues big time from all of the years of doing dumb stuff and I’m only early 40’s. I have tried the vest thing over the years but just never can really stay comfortable more than a few minutes at the time. For the last few years i have been really comfortable in a gobbler lounger and I can sit for hours but, they are heavy for long walks. I have just been using a satchel bag for my calls/TP/binos but with the combination of the chair and bag, you are looking at 10+ lbs.

I was browsing around this morning looking for other options when I came across Helix chairs. What do y’all think about this one? It looks like with a little paint to cover up that shiny blue, it could fit the bill. I know a lot of you all are hikers so you may already be familiar with this brand but this “festival chair” might just be worth trying. It would be nice if they made camo in it like their tactical line

Your thoughts?

Attachments

• 48D8CF0B-4D8C-4708-9B11-34BCA2368E1B.png
    48D8CF0B-4D8C-4708-9B11-34BCA2368E1B.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 57

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
The comment about numb legs was my first thought and then I went to the site. I don’t think the legs have a wide enough base to be steady in the woods. You might constantly be trying to balance. For $129 I’d keep looking.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
my BIL has a lightweight backpacking chair that is pretty comfortable and lightweight and it seems sturdy and stable enough for the woods....i think its from REI....it might be what you are looking for

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I have sciatica issues big time from all of the years of doing dumb stuff and I’m only early 40’s. I have tried the vest thing over the years but just never can really stay comfortable more than a few minutes at the time. For the last few years i have been really comfortable in a gobbler lounger and I can sit for hours but, they are heavy for long walks. I have just been using a satchel bag for my calls/TP/binos but with the combination of the chair and bag, you are looking at 10+ lbs.

I was browsing around this morning looking for other options when I came across Helix chairs. What do y’all think about this one? It looks like with a little paint to cover up that shiny blue, it could fit the bill. I know a lot of you all are hikers so you may already be familiar with this brand but this “festival chair” might just be worth trying. It would be nice if they made camo in it like their tactical line

Your thoughts?
If you have a lounger with a carrying strap it is easier. With some five pocket cargo pants you should be able to ditch the satchel.
I had to decide between the turkey chair or vest- I have some long walks - I went with the chair. But I am toting a boatload of calls on lanyards and a box holster. But not 10 lbs.
I cant comment on that chair.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
For me you said long walks I wouldn't want carry one but I can see the advantage for you if your hurting gonna have hard time sitting still and that's main part of closing deal. Is this chair lighter and easier to carry than a gobbler lounger I've used one them several times pretty comfy design with carry bag I'll use it if hunting close at times

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Ditch the chair and carry a wheel barrow inter tube half pumped up, it will relive the pressure I have experience in what you are saying about the nerve problem. Attach a small cord and walk on you can thank me later!

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don’t remember the name but my daughter bought one at the deer classic. It’s kinda like a hammock but it straps to the tree. Has a brace that goes down the tree. Just a suggestion someone will know the name. Super light weight.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I don’t remember the name but my daughter bought one at the deer classic. It’s kinda like a hammock but it straps to the tree. Has a brace that goes down the tree. Just a suggestion someone will know the name. Super light weight.
Hammock seat its on amazon

Packfan

Eight Pointer
This is my solution to the original chair that I posted. I bought an off brand camo chair for $30 from Amazon that had the same basic ultralight aluminum frame and cut the elastic bands off that held the bottom legs on. I then cut 1 1/2” off of the top support poles with a tubing cutter to make slipping the cover on/off easier with much less resistance. The final weight came in at 1.7lbs and folded up dimensions are about 16” long by 4” diameter. It is quiet to assemble in about 20 seconds and is small enough to tote through the woods assembled by the bottom support bar. The finished product sits me about 3” off of the ground and I am sitting on an pendulum where I can control my upright position. It is pretty comfortable about like sitting in a hammock chair. We shall see how it hunts.

I will keep the legs in the bag so that when we need some height we can just sit add the legs back on.

FYI, I weighed the globbler chairs that were referenced above and they came in at 7.5lbs each.

Attachments

• 880BE45A-8BA5-488D-880E-1DE99FAA476D.png
    880BE45A-8BA5-488D-880E-1DE99FAA476D.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 14
  • F0AC4AD0-0C48-4AFF-815A-3B53DA2116EE.jpeg
    F0AC4AD0-0C48-4AFF-815A-3B53DA2116EE.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 3C8458B3-B689-4444-A120-EAA3F48CBCEC.jpeg
    3C8458B3-B689-4444-A120-EAA3F48CBCEC.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 14