What y’all eating

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
20220704_151740.jpg

Memorial Day is Brisket. 4th of July is Butt!!

20220704_182346.jpg

About 5.0 hours round about 300 temp on ole Chernobyl. Very steady climb to the stall around 180ish. Juices finally pushed out from the center and got to around 202 around the 5 hour mark. I'll always wonder what the internal temp is for folks who cook for 12, 14 plus hours.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
View attachment 94607

Memorial Day is Brisket. 4th of July is Butt!!

View attachment 94609

About 5.0 hours round about 300 temp on ole Chernobyl. Very steady climb to the stall around 180ish. Juices finally pushed out from the center and got to around 202 around the 5 hour mark. I'll always wonder what the internal temp is for folks who cook for 12, 14 plus hours.
I haven’t gone off temp in years. I personally don’t care what the temp is, if it don’t feel like butter it ain’t done.

That said, I usually do my probing with a thermapen out of convenience, and most all are done in the upper 190s. They’re also done in 8-10 hrs most days at 250, but occasionally 12. I’ve never had anything in the pit much longer than 12 hrs, and that’s usually brisket on days where I cook a little of everything ie briskets, butts, beef ribs, spares, sausage etc. To much in and out, opening doors, and fiddling around🤷‍♂️

Top heat vs bottom heat also makes a difference in cook times. We could both cook at 300 and your bottom heat grill will cook a butt faster than my top heat pit.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Have some family coming over this month from England, saw a brisket on sale and since we will be doing some get together figured i would do one up, again, nothing like many i have seen done on here, and mine is done in the oven, but if my last few are any indication, am sure they will enjoy
IMG-2769.jpg