What y’all eating

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
We eat lunch at a place in Apex that has a burger called the lucky clucker. It is a bacon cheeseburger with an over easy egg on it. I always told them to hold the egg. No bacon cheese burger on the menu. One day the waitress gave me some flack and I ordered it like it came. Freaking delicious.
Nothing beets a runny egg.
Except Blue Cheese and a runny egg.

Last edited:

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
Those things are serious work to make them correct. I have tried a couple times, but never as good as the ones my neighbor brings home. He knows a lady in Sanford that has us spoiled.
So, i love chili poblanos. Like, as in, my wife is a little jealous of a pepper with cheese. These are good.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
read the Koegel's (local MI based meat company) billboards on the way up here and knew I'd have to try it

dang fine (for bologna)

and since I figured my buddy was missing this stuff, since he stopped coming up this way squirrel chasing, I'm taking @nccatfisher a few pounds (he just LOVES pickled stuff)

5C02CE21-DFC3-47A9-AA9F-321BB483496F.jpeg

Last edited:

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Found an old Hobart slicer in the clubhouse. Wife and I cleaned it up (needs some oil , gotta figure that out). So I dry cured a pork belly and brined a brisket for pastrami last week. Smoked them yesterday and today. Wife and I went and sliced them up today. Gonna try them tomorrow when the kids come over.

Edit: it’s actually much less grey than in the pics below.🙄
Anyway, used the bacon and pastrami as appetizers, went over pretty well. Need to tone down the salt level a bit. Also used the bacon with smoked neck meat in the beans and also a apple & onion side. Already prepping the next 2 bellies 😁, found 6 in the freezers, need to do an inventory one of these days.

Attachments

• F0104F11-BD47-40AA-A48E-EA1E09563552.jpeg
    F0104F11-BD47-40AA-A48E-EA1E09563552.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 58EA3EA2-9D26-4F6D-96D7-51398B4BBCDE.jpeg
    58EA3EA2-9D26-4F6D-96D7-51398B4BBCDE.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
read the Koegel's (local MI based meat company) billboards on the way up here and knew I'd have to try it

dang fine (for bologna)

and since I figured my buddy was missing this stuff, since he stopped coming up this way squirrel chasing, I'm taking @nccatfisher a few pounds (he just LOVES pickled stuff)

View attachment 92086
My dear Lord I love pickled and bologna I have try me some that I was in Mich last spring if I'd only known but its in memory bank now

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Grouper I caught. foil pack with salt, pepper and smoke paprika on a bed of green onions. Lemon slices and butter on top.
snap peas, broccoli and broccoli greens sauted with salt pepper and garlic.
cucumber salad
rice and croissants.
side salad.
20220528_201721.jpg
Salad veggies, rice, green onions, lemon and croissant was the only food purchased. Rest was grown or caught.
Very satisfying meal. 😁