What y’all eating

richard corn

Ten Pointer
First cook on Blackstone bbq chicken thighs and legs was good but the cleanup was no where near easy as I've heard or seen on video I musta screwed up somewhere
The key with any cast or carbon steel is seasoning. Any from my selection of both will fry eggs and they slide right out of pan. I would think too that BBQ chicken would come out better on grill than griddle. Just my thoughts. Bon aperitif!!!

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
^ So…tri tip was first up. Rub was good, seasoned and cooked right. This ain’t the first time I’ve cooked and et one. Might be the last though. Just a wholly unimpressive cut IMO…picanha(sirloin top cap)is a similar cut, but far superior.

The beef ribs were about perfect. Prolly woulda been if they were primes. The spares were as good as it gets.

Last edited:

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This is fish from my past Friday's supper. Dipped in buttermilk & seasoned w/ salt & pepper, coated w/ Marsh Hen brand white cornmeal, formerly Edisto Island's Geechie Boy brand, & then fried in Canola oil @ 350 degrees in my favorite 1950's Griswold cast iron skillet, these Whiting & Croaker were the "fruits of my labor" from a April/May trip to North Topsail Beach Seaview Pier.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This is fish from my past Friday's supper. Dipped in buttermilk & seasoned w/ salt & pepper, coated w/ Marsh Hen brand white cornmeal, formerly Edisto Island's Geechie Boy brand, & then fried in Canola oil @ 350 degrees in my favorite 1950's Griswold cast iron skillet, these Whiting & Croaker were the "fruits of my labor" from a April/May trip to North Topsail Beach Seaview Pier.

Attachments

• Pic_2022-05-20_21:30:33.jpg
    Pic_2022-05-20_21:30:33.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Pic_2022-05-02_21:15:00.jpg
    Pic_2022-05-02_21:15:00.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 25