What y’all eating

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never heard of eating fish tongues, had to fact check that haha apparently a delicacy in that area, I’d sure like to try it

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I fixed brunch this morning: Peas, pre-cooked chicken sausage, and homemade cornbread. I used an heirloom dent cornmeal from the mountains that I found a little while back at the Durham Farmers' Market. It's called "Bloody Butcher" because of the red flecks in the white cornmeal looking like a butcher's apron. I used my tried-and-true "Real Cornbread" recipe from Victuals: An Appalachian Journey, with Recipes by Ronnie Lundy to fix it. My mom says it's the best cornbread she ever had! It's almost like eating a cake, it's so soft. Absolutely outstanding!

20211017_104053_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• bloodybutcherdentcornbread.jpg
    bloodybutcherdentcornbread.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211017_110505_HDR.jpg
    20211017_110505_HDR.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 10

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I fixed brunch this morning: Peas, pre-cooked chicken sausage, and homemade cornbread. I used an heirloom dent cornmeal from the mountains that I found a little while back at the Durham Farmers' Market. It's called "Bloody Butcher" because of the red flecks in the white cornmeal looking like a butcher's apron. I used my tried-and-true "Real Cornbread" recipe from Victuals: An Appalachian Journey, with Recipes by Ronnie Lundy to fix it. My mom says it's the best cornbread she ever had! It's almost like eating a cake, it's so soft. Absolutely outstanding!
Thanks for sharing. I’m gonna get some of that cornmeal.

Love some cornbread or batter bread.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Made some boiled peanuts with some locally grown peanuts, salt and flat iron pepper companys garlic, onion, and carolina reaper seasoning. Turned out damn good.
But word of advice, if you eat/handle something with Carolina Reaper peppers, wash your hands BEFORE you go to the restroom...
Holy hell it burns

Snapchat-1837420487.jpg

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
State fair food- my favorite is the barbeque sundae from the carthage restaraunt that burned recently.
They said they would be back this summer. PicNPig I think is the name.
The sundae is layered slaw, beans, and pork in a tall cup.
The corn near gate eight was the best I have ever had anywhere.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Went ahead and cooked some breakfast for tomorrow and some fair food I’ve been craving. The Kiel basas were still on the grill. The link breakfast wasn’t quite done so I let it ride with the veges. Waiting on wifey to get home, but I think that duck will waddle.

Attachments

• C2C33563-ACA4-4B27-97FB-6000C43ADF7B.jpeg
    C2C33563-ACA4-4B27-97FB-6000C43ADF7B.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 14
  • A7077EDA-173F-4AB5-A4A7-B70CC8AE96C9.jpeg
    A7077EDA-173F-4AB5-A4A7-B70CC8AE96C9.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 14