What y’all eating

Clark

Ten Pointer
Made salsa today frollowing son's recipe: fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, red onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice seasoned to taste. Grilled fillets from a couple of Spanish. Lovely.
Tomorrow I'm adapting to get ceviche.

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Share your cleaning technique please. Looks interesting and effective
I just scale'em, cut the head off behind the fin, then open the belly and take the guts out. I make the cuts down both sides just so the seasoning and breading get into them better. They'll fry up a little quicker and are more crisp that way....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I just scale'em, cut the head off behind the fin, then open the belly and take the guts out. I make the cuts down both sides just so the seasoning and breading get into them better. They'll fry up a little quicker and are more crisp that way....

They looked like some fancy butterfly technique on my phone. On my tablet I see it's 4 fish...

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They looked like some fancy butterfly technique on my phone. On my tablet I see it's 4 fish...
And four little ones at that! But they sure made for a good supper...... ;)

I watched a lil ole lady bream fishing down at the creek one afternoon. If she got her hands on it she put it in her cooler! Big, little...didn't matter, if it had a scale on it she kept it! I asked her, "What you gonna do with all them little fish?" She looked up, smiled at me, and said, "You eat rice don'tcha?"

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They have it in amazon, I’m gonna give it a try, may order one of their hot sauces as well

I buy it at a place we call “the green store” (best cuban food in tampa) in Tampa down on Interbay Blvd but amazon works if you don’t mind their politics!

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Recipes please
Not really much to it.
We get that particular sausage at sams club, but i've used all kinds of sweet italian and other sausages for it.
I cook 5-6 links in the air fryer or oven,
while they're cooking I heat a pan to around medium, put in a little olive oil and throw in diced onions, let them cook down a bit and throw in some diced garlic--I use maybe 1-2 tbsp of each
**I usually use jarred garlic because its easier, and sometimes just onion powder for onions since it's quicker too
then I dump in a couple cans of diced tomatoes
Sprinkle a good amount of basil, salt, pepper, and a little thyme and oregano over it, stir, and reduce and let simmer.
When the sausage is about cooked, I slice it ~1/4" thick and put it in the sauce and let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes or so.
Then I boil the tortellini (usually use frozen) and add it to the sauce.
Lastly I turn off the heat, add about 1 tbsp of cream cheese and stir it in(can be skipped, it adds a little texture/creaminess to the sauce. I'm not a big cream cheese person, but it goes well in this)

I don't really measure stuff when cooking like this, just add and taste. It's an easy dish without much prep that's really good to me.