What y’all eating

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wife and I decided to not participate with anniversary presents and instead get a couple wagyu steaks to try. Well, store is sold out and won’t have any until next month. She decided we would wait until next month and go to eat “hot pot” tonight.

it was a fun experience and I will do it again sometime I hope. I didn’t have anything blow me away tonight, but it was a new experience I had never done before.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
meatball recipe?
looks great.

Ingredients
· 1 pound ground pork
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 large egg, beaten
· 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
· 2 teaspoons salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
Instructions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground pork and beef, beaten egg, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix together until just combined.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, breadcrumbs, garlic, and onion.
4. Add milk mixture to the meat mixture being careful not to overwork ingredients.
5. Form into desired size meatballs, greasing hands before starting to keep the meat from sticking and place in a greased pan.
6. Place in preheated oven and cook for about 30 minutes (or until the meatballs are crisp on the outside).

She uses stoneware to cook hers.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
you was a day late on that one,,, ol' @Dick himself hit me with that already,,,,

sometimes ya just have to use your imagination,,,,,,
Ok then. I was just wanting to actually see if they were fried up like my good old country-style cook Aunt Hazel used to make for me & my cousin for lunch after a long night of frog gigging in water moccasin infested black water swamp ponds in Duplin Co. or if they were cooked in some funky French/Louisiana style.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok then. I was just wanting to actually see if they were fried up like my good old country-style cook Aunt Hazel used to make for me & my cousin for lunch after a long night of frog gigging in water moccasin infested black water swamp ponds in Duplin Co. or if they were cooked in some funky French/Louisiana style.

wife cooked them,,, so they was breaded and fried,,,