What y’all eating

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
as mentioned, indirect heat,,

use low low fat hamburger as well,,, it's the fat leaving that causes shrinkage,,,

sausage good for flavor, but will shrink as well as fat melts out,,,

also, the lower grades of hamburger have water added (and sometimes salt) to up the weight some,,, that water evaporates and helps with shrinkage

No pics but cooked over indirect heat with smoke. Used 83/17 beef/fat.

Love to eat the experiments!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
White Chicken,

I grew up smelling this concoction! It has to marinade for 24 hours, then when on the grill, it gets basted with the marinade most of the time on the grill.

Didn't inject it, but every time I cook it's by far the most moist chicken from the grill. white chix 0.jpg

Attachments

• white chix 1.jpg
    white chix 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 10
  • zzWhite Chicken.jpg
    zzWhite Chicken.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 10

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I probably should have taken a picture, because no one will believe me but.....

Today at lunch at Zaxby's. Friendly service and FAST! Got the 5 finger platter. Get to the last tender, and it's oddly shaped. I pull it apart, and it just keeps stretching :unsure: .

Finally I figure out I'm pulling apart rubber. It is a fully breaded and FRIED rubber food serving glove. :eek:😰o_O

Being a bit of a hypochondriac, I instantly feel nauseous. I bring it to the counter, they all freak out, apologize, give me my $ back, offer me a new plate (no THANK YOU!!!!!) and call everybody from the kitchen up to see what happened.

And hour later I had forgotten all about it and felt just fine. Guess it's not my time yet. That would have been a HORRIBLE way to go!

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
why I Don't like waffle house,,, I get to SEE 😟😲😯 what they are doing,,,,
I was gonna say…. I’ve turned around and walked out of a Waffle House before when I saw the cook wipe his runny nose with his hand then flip some poor soul’s hash browns without missing a beat

timber

Twelve Pointer
Use to eat at the prison sometimes. Always made sure it was fried or boiled good. Usually fried fish and beans. Wouldnt touch anything with mayo in it

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I was gonna say…. I’ve turned around and walked out of a Waffle House before when I saw the cook wipe his runny nose with his hand then flip some poor soul’s hash browns without missing a beat

well heck, ain't like he flipped them with his hand,,, used a spatula!!

yeah, I've walked out of a couple,,, but the ones that are "on my list" are gold,,, and they treat me right (good tips help,,,, :stir: )

got one down at Brunswick GA
another at exit 13 (or is it 14?) on I-85 just before Alabama
found one here in Aberdeen as well,,, and don't mess with that cook,, that fellow has some GUNS on them arms!

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

One of my favorite diners had the best biscuits and gravy. When I got my driver's license, I'd sometimes go there before school and eat.

The nice older lady always new exactly what I wanted.

The last time I ate there, as she slid my plate across the table, a big glob of snot fell out of her runny nose and into my gravy.

I can still see it happening. I never ate there again. I know it wasn't intentional, and I'd eaten there for years. I just couldn't see myself stomaching that memory.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
You’ve seen one jambalaya you pretty much seen them all so no pic tonight but we had homemade from scratch. Aside from the meat, Wife’s copy cat jambalaya costs .30 cents compared to the box at $1.54. I know it’s not a lot but Zatarain’s sure is raking in a markup when you think about it.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
As far as Waffle House goes, I’ve frequented a few. When you have enough alcohol in you, whatever cooties they put in your food is sterilized 😁

Plenty of meals sober as well, I can honestly say I’ve never had a bad meal at one. Even the toothless waitresses were dolls.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You’ve seen one jambalaya you pretty much seen them all so no pic tonight but we had homemade from scratch. Aside from the meat, Wife’s copy cat jambalaya costs .30 cents compared to the box at $1.54. I know it’s not a lot but Zatarain’s sure is raking in a markup when you think about it.

That's how I am with any Mexican dish. I've got all the spices and mix to our taste. Rarely do Cajun, though I wish we would more. Doesn't present enough use for experimentation. When we do Jambalaya, Zatarain's is quick and fits the profile.

Hate paying that much for rice though.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
well heck, ain't like he flipped them with his hand,,, used a spatula!!

yeah, I've walked out of a couple,,, but the ones that are "on my list" are gold,,, and they treat me right (good tips help,,,, :stir: )

got one down at Brunswick GA
another at exit 13 (or is it 14?) on I-85 just before Alabama
found one here in Aberdeen as well,,, and don't mess with that cook,, that fellow has some GUNS on them arms!
The one is GA is right beside a truck stop isn’t it

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
This is a good job. 2 story commercial office building door, hardware, and toilet partition install.
it’s the professional version of playing with legos with your friends.
pilot holes and impact guns all day.
But I don’t leave. It. Took me 7 hours today to set three plunge strikes in the deck and put on two panics, plus a couple closers. I hate closers. I really dislike closers. Awkward height. Awkward angle. Awkward tension. They suck. I have like 22 to put in. All in factory prefinished Doors with. 6 month lead time.