What y’all eating

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I know it’ll be hard for y’all to believe this, but we had catfish and crab claws on the side. Wife took some filets and cooked em stove top with oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, lime and the most important ingredient…the pickled onions and peppers courtesy of @Woods and water ‘s better half . Had no idea we had any left. Wife prob hid em from me cuz last time I ate a whole jar in one evening. Turned out so good I took a few bites and decided I’d rather bring the rest to work with me tomorrow
IMG_4873.jpeg

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Freddy showed up again @BarSinister
visit #2 yesterday. Same burger..double California...with double slices of onion @woodmoose . Asked and was told you can request sliced onion on any burger. 👍👍
Found out it is a tab cheaper getting the combo than burger and fries.??? Pink lemonade was pretty good. 🤤

View attachment 151747
Good Ole Freddy! I went to one near Concord Mills a couple years ago and thought it was better than most FF joints. I do like the looks of it with all of the onion on it.

HarryNC

Ten Pointer
Visiting my son in Dallas. Brunch buffet at the Blue Mesa Grill in Plano. First plate: salad, pulled chicken, guacamole. Second plate: smoked brisket, grilled chicken, pinto beans, corn, mexican lasagna. Not pictured: chips & salsa, churros & flan for dessert. Deep in a food coma now.

1000005498.jpg1000005496.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My only real memory of a meal my Mom made (long story to get there) was a simple browned hamburger, peas and elbow macaroni seasoned maybe with a bit of salt and light pepper

I liked it (but then I’m picky like a bear)

Our family dog back then ate table scraps,,,and that cuss would devour what we gave him and leave every pea in the bowl

Anyhow, haven’t had it since 1979,,,,

Figured I’d make a version of it tonight

Boiled pasta with onion powder and garlic flakes
Browned elk meat with chopped onion and jalapeños with salt, pepper and garlic flakes
Heated baby green peas

Drained pasta, added a quarter stick of butter, meat and drained peas

Stirred all together and ate

Good stuff
IMG_6802.jpeg

IMG_6803.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
My only real memory of a meal my Mom made (long story to get there) was a simple browned hamburger, peas and elbow macaroni seasoned maybe with a bit of salt and light pepper

I liked it (but then I’m picky like a bear)

Our family dog back then ate table scraps,,,and that cuss would devour what we gave him and leave every pea in the bowl

Anyhow, haven’t had it aince 1979,,,,

Figured I’d make a version of it tonight

Boiled pasta with onion powder and garlic flakes
Browned elk meat with chopped onion and jalapeños with salt, pepper and garlic flakes
Heated baby green peas

Drained pasta, added a quarter stick of butter, meat and drained peas

Stirred all together and ate

Good stuff
View attachment 152067

View attachment 152068
If I make hamburger helper, no comments please, I always add garden peas. I love the pasta, peas and hamburger.