• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

What y’all eating

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Had my customary porridge with blueberries for breakfast, reheated pizza for lunch and right now getting ready to sit down to a dish of caldito, a Northern New Mexico dish made with ground chuck and diced potatoes, onion and garlic powders as well as cumin. Liquid component was a pint of bone broth I made a few days ago. Refritos and tortillas for fiber.
I am a big fan of savory sopapillas and "Christmas " Chile on my burrito.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
So I LOVE Pantera Bread's Broccoli cheese soup!! I'll get a half sammich and a bowl of that any time I am forced to either walk there and eat or the MRS brings it home.

So Last night I decided to mimic it. Found a recipe, had a bunch of broccolli growing in the garden, and viola!

broccolli.jpg

Put in Broccoli, carrots (not yet from the garden) cheeses and chicken broth,

4 minutes on high pressure in the instant pot and BAM! Pantera Bread Broccoli cheese soup!

IMG_20210319_194742116.jpg

IMG_20210319_202624073.jpg

Find a huge dough of bread, cut out the pit, let the soup spill over, and you have a low calorie (<3000) low carb (<120) nutritious meal!

IMG_20210319_203225797.jpg

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Put some shoulders in the smoker this morning. And made my bbq sauce on the stove.

Didn't realize how little salt and pepper we had, until I was rubbing them down last night.

Hoping those competition pellets and vinegar spritz bring it home. Lol.

Attachments

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Put some shoulders in the smoker this morning. And made my bbq sauce on the stove.

Didn't realize how little salt and pepper we had, until I was rubbing them down last night.

Hoping those competition pellets and vinegar spritz bring it home. Lol.
Turned out great. Had one irregular issue though. Both shoulders, weighing within a tenth/lb of each other, stalled at 145/147. Hung there for close to 2 hours. Usually(for me) happens in the neighborhood of 165. Other than that, smooth sailing.

Attachments