What y’all eating

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My Sweetie made us an Easter dinner of souvlaki with a Greek horseradish sauce, rice, and chick peas stewed in a tomato sauce. Baked a big loaf of soda bread to go with it. She's always been awesome at good ole fashioned Southern home cooking but these days she's taken an interest in a more Mediterranean cuisine. She's getting really good at it!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
My Sweetie made us an Easter dinner of souvlaki with a Greek horseradish sauce, rice, and chick peas stewed in a tomato sauce. Baked a big loaf of soda bread to go with it. She's always been awesome at good ole fashioned Southern home cooking but these days she's taken an interest in a more Mediterranean cuisine. She's getting really good at it!
You had me at Greek horseradish sauce 👍🏼

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
My wife makes a spinach pie (Gr: spanakopita) that goes well with the souvlaki.

Makes you want to get up from the table and raid Sicily.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You had me at Greek horseradish sauce 👍🏼
There's a name for it, she knew it...I obviously didn't. I shared a memory with her last week about my stint in Uncle Sam's Yacht Club. Spent a bunch of time in the Med and back then we spent more time in port than we did underway. I always tried to eat local foods whenever possible. The best for me was in Athens. I loved their food and the minute we hit the Fleet landing I would head straight to the souvlaki stands...

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
So, my wife drove 1 hr to buy a frozen prepared meal from a boutique frozen food shop. It was ok at best. Chicken pie with no veggies. Custard like. Chicken custard pie. Mmmmmmm. Please, somebody grill some red meat and post it up.
Thanks @Moose for the brunch. That helps.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Booooo….charcoal is the second best way of cooking😁

I'm impatient....what else can I say. Women also don't understand the time it takes. She kept asking when I was gonna start cooking. 45 minutes wasn't the answer she wanted to hear.