What y’all eating

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
Ham bone from wknd flavoring this pot be eating on these for next 3 days with cornbread of course.
Never could make myself like Lima beans or green peas. But a big ole pot of any other beans with a ham bone was a staple at my house growing up, and of corse cornbread. You ever put a can of whole kernel corn in your cornbread batter?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Never could make myself like Lima beans or green peas. But a big ole pot of any other beans with a ham bone was a staple at my house growing up, and of corse cornbread. You ever put a can of whole kernel corn in your cornbread batter?
Limas ain't my favorite, pinto is mine but I got outvoted on this one they hadn't had em in good bit. No corn I like it but can't eat it. I miss gritted bread something terrible

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You would be thinking of hanger steak. One per animal.

Chuck-eyes are the poor man’s ribeye, tender and full of flavor. Readily available but overlooked by many.
I just had a really good pack of chuck-eyes couple weeks ago from the grocery store. Yours are probably even better.

I do buy a good bit of local beef though and will have to ask about their chuck-eyes

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Chuck eye steaks. Sear on the cast iron, tender to begin with but chopped for better bites. Equivalent to a ribeye on a taco. Cheesecake for dessert.

View attachment 107382

Chuck eye is right behind ribeye. Started buying them years ago. Meat market manager said he's like me. "They were cheap(I remember something like $2.×y a pound), then people started finding out about them.".

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
You would be thinking of hanger steak. One per animal.

Chuck-eyes are the poor man’s ribeye, tender and full of flavor. Readily available but overlooked by many.
They ain’t even poor man steaks anymore. I bought em for Christmas at $7-8/lb because I flat refused to pay $20/lb for prime ribeyes. And the chucks had way better marble😎