What would you pay to go to the edge of space?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Blue Origin has it down to about an 11 minute trip. Virgin Galactic is quite a bit longer.

Pretty cool.

I'm not going to lie, I'd pay a large chunk of $. I'm guessing you can't put it on layaway though, seeing as how it might be hard to collect 10 years after someone's made the trip.

I'm guessing in the next couple of generations, a trip like this will become the equivalent of climbing a high mountain with a guide service. Not quite "roller coaster" costs, but not out of reach for folks like us.

Seeing Totality was something I will remember till my last day. I imagine seeing the Earth from space would probably be also.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Blue Origin has it down to about an 11 minute trip. Virgin Galactic is quite a bit longer.

Pretty cool.

I'm not going to lie, I'd pay a large chunk of $. I'm guessing you can't put it on layaway though, seeing as how it might be hard to collect 10 years after someone's made the trip.

I'm guessing in the next couple of generations, a trip like this will become the equivalent of climbing a high mountain with a guide service. Not quite "roller coaster" costs, but not out of reach for folks like us.

Seeing Totality was something I will remember till my last day. I imagine seeing the Earth from space would probably be also.

If you want to take that ride you better get on the list. Heard was over 7000 ahead of you and after today list probably got a lot bigger

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do find space exploration and research really fascinating but I donā€™t have a desire to do it myself.... maybe that opinion would change if it was much much much more affordable but likely not.... Iā€™m very nervous on airplanes lol

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
More power to them im good. Only thing to say is people want me to drink out of a paper straw to save the earth. I guess nothing was harmed in that road being made through the middle of the desert. Also they want me to give up my diesel truck i guess that fuel for that ship was environmental friendly. Astronauts easy now.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Nothing more than a State Fair ride, straight up and straight down, speed/centrifugal force would create the weightlessness for a few seconds, millions of bucks for that, but I'll give em credit, they accomplished more in one day than sleepy Joe has all year.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Rather go to space than the city.

I've always been a nomad at heart. Been to quite a few places around the country, and world. Certainly not as many as I hope to see by the time I die. Daddy was a truck driver. I get it honest.

First time I was held at gun-point was by the welcome crew Moldova calls their immigration police. My first thought "I hope we don't get all of the exciting things out of the way on the first day."

If I could afford it, I'd go in a heartbeat.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
More power to them im good. Only thing to say is people want me to drink out of a paper straw to save the earth. I guess nothing was harmed in that road being made through the middle of the desert. Also they want me to give up my diesel truck i guess that fuel for that ship was environmental friendly. Astronauts easy now.
FWIW, the propulsion is liquid hydrogen and oxygen. When they combust they produce water vapor. At least that's what the ditzy Blue Origins blonde said on the launch vid.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
IF...IF....they could get me to do it I'd climb in one of somebody else's before I would one of NASA's. I don't see myself going into space in something with 270,000 parts and a flame coming out from the get-go, all provided and assembled by the lowest bidder......

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
With all the technology of today, I still find it hard to believe we ever went to the moon. Why didn't all these gazillionaires just start where NASA left off. We went to the moon with tin, aluminum foil, and duct tape. I think not.