What would you get?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Man, I got a Traditions Pusuit G4 ultralight 2 years ago. It’s ceracote complete with longer fluted 24” bbl.

It has been a fantastic rifle. Deadnuts accurate and very resistant to weather/water/fouling.

They can be found for $250

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Any excuse to get another gun is a good excuse, Bob. I have a Thunderhawk as well and know what you mean. Long time ago I got a nipple tool that holds 10 #11 caps and slips right into the open breech, press on and pull out. Might want to pick one up just to have in case you ever want to shoot it again.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I'd keep that sidelock and buy myself a really well made capper! I guess I'm from the old school about muzzlelading guns and prefer the old way.
^^^what he said, a decent capper is sweet. Does a scope need added?..or fiber optic sights?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I got TC Strike new in box sitting in my safe. If it's a TC your looking for.

Lawnscaper

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Good choice, I bought one at end-of-season closeout this past season and just sighted it in, 300 grain Barnes original, the new Harvester orange sabots for .458 diameter bullets and 100 grains blackhorn 209 shoots great, can't wait to shoot a deer with it.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good choice, I bought one at end-of-season closeout this past season and just sighted it in, 300 grain Barnes original, the new Harvester orange sabots for .458 diameter bullets and 100 grains blackhorn 209 shoots great, can't wait to shoot a deer with it.

Hmmm, I have 300 gr hp .458 bullets from my old 45/70. I'm gonna have to find these sabots.

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
I haven't shot it yet.
I usually shoot 245gr powerbelts with 150 pyrex in my Thunderhawk.
What you guys finding best load for these optimas?

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
Optimas/Accuras seem to always do well with 100-110 grains BH209 and Barnes TEZ's. I backed my Accura down to 80gr BH and a .44 240 XTP in a crush rib sabot for the wife to use, and it does pretty good with that.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I haven't shot it yet.
I usually shoot 245gr powerbelts with 150 pyrex in my Thunderhawk.
What you guys finding best load for these optimas?
45 cal 240 grain HP over 100 grains has always been the most accurate load for my shorter barrel muskets.
Freiends swear by the SSTs in their optimas over 120 grains of blackhorn.

The most accurate round I’ve found for my longer barrel traditions is a 270 grain 50cal over 120 grains of blackhorn

mattharris0414

Sorry did'nt mean to send that. I bought a CVA Accura V2, Nitride coated stainless so its black. It the best i have ever shot, and by far the easiest to clean. I have had it for a few years now and there is absolutely 0 pitting or corrosion in the barrel or breach plug. Actually forgot and left it loaded one year and it still cleaned right up. The nitride coating is the way to go.