What is your "Go To" trap for coyotes?

mattharris0414

I have had a couple different coil spring foot traps and had pretty good luck with them.. but im in the market for a few more. What traps are the best to you more experienced guys out there?

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I trap foxes, and coyotes and can't have any foot damage at all. I use mb450 os for fox, and mb550 at places where i could catch both. Last year i ordered half a dozen k-9 extrem jr's from no bs lures. He recomended inside and outside lamination for my need. All of my traps are outfitted with a jc conner shock spring. I have had very little to zero foot damage. I hope this helped.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jammer

Six Pointer
It's hard to beat MB 550s for quality but for the price of a dz MBs you can get 2 dz Bridger 1.75s. Prune and I run both, we set probably 10-12 dz Bridgers and 2 dz MBs. The Bridgers do take more prep because the jaws are stamped and have sharp edges that should have a file run over them before use. A coyote will occasionally bend a pan but its a quick fix and reset. I personally like the idea of having more steel in the ground for the same amount of money.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I personally like the idea of having more steel in the ground for the same amount of money.
I agree with Buck Jammer and Prune, I run Bridger or Montgomery or Northwoods #2's mostly with a few 1.75's thown in.

BUT, I don't have to worry with foot damage since I don't/won't sell to the live market.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dog on, I run MB 550s, cast offset or rubber jaw. Dogless, NoBS K9 Juniors, laminated offset or rubber jaw. Depends on the county fox regs. They are both tough traps that require little to maintain except for the occasional coon in a rubber jaw. The rubber jaws are much harder to replace on the MBs.