What is your “Holy Grail” firearm?

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Already have it. It’s a Remington 700 that Pat Linthicum built for me before he got sick and passed away.

Anyone familiar with the man’s work knows it’s 2nd to none.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My dad always wanted a top of the line Weatherby Mark V in 300 win mag. I'll have one some day.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
The firearms that I truly desire I will never find anyway. These would be the carbines that PawPaw carried through combat. I would almost sell the farm to have them.

I will inherit a few of y'all's holy grails... no they won't be for sale... ever!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Tough question- nothing exotic really but I'd love a good shooting condition 12 gauge LC Smith double barrel, AND I'd love to have back that like new Colt King Cobra that I sold way too cheap. I bet I'm not the only one on here that sold a gun they wish they had not sold.

Did in fact sell one I really shouldn't have, a Win 94 in 30-30, but have recently negotiated with the one I sold it to about 30 years ago and am buying it back for twice what he paid me for it. Still a bargain at that price.

Found me an Elsie in an estate collection but the wrist was shattered from accumulated oil in the wood and shooting heavy shells in a Featherweight so have cleaned and glued the stock back together and now have to reinforce it with metal rods and epoxy before going afield. Also have to machine or buy a firing pin.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
My buddy has a Nemo .300wm
With night force mounts and NXS scope.
It’s probably the baddest thing on the planet.
I have personally banged steel silhouette at 1000yds with quick quick follow up hits.
Crazy awesome platform.
Not that I want the gun that much or the ammo. But more of a place to shoot the guns I own like I want.
c8119f37c70396f3d6259876fc5eab13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mint condition 1961 Ruger Deerstalker carbine. I’ve got a good condition 1970 but I wouldn’t mind having half a dozen more

I’ve got a couple of them, in a couple different variations, but one the originals marked Deerstalker, sadly, isn’t among them.

One of the best “woods guns” ever made IMO.

What is that one firearm that would be your”Holy Grail” if you were to find it?

For me, I have 2.

A mint Ruger Hawkeye pistol

A Remington Custom Shop Mountain Rifle Ti in .300 Win Mag

A non import M1 30 caliber carbine. I had one my father brought back from the Korean War but unfortunately I don’t have it anymore. No fault of my own but I would love to have one of those again.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My 20 ga Belgian made Browning!

I have 2 barrels (fixed of course) a 26" imp and a 28" mod.
Only handles 2-3/4" shells..........I guess 3" weren't even being made back then.

Browning 20 ga.jpg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So your SN begins with 68X? Mine is 1Z.

Apparently Browning started making the mag in 1967!

Nice gun you got........would be a fine gun for the Federal TSS.
I have a single barrel that has been cut down for screw in chokes that I shoot that stuff in. I am pretty rough on my turkey guns. I used to be real rough on them as I literally did "run and gun". Now I kinda hobble and gun, but I wouldn't want to subject that Browning to how I treat a turkey gun. It has made it all this time pretty well unscathed, be a shame to bang it up now.

As to the serial number I would have to look, I obviously did know as I ran it to check the year of mfg. way back when, but other than to run an oily rag on it occasionally I don't remember when I have shot it.

I shoot 20 ga's almost exclusively now except deer hunting but usually my carry guns are Remington LT/LW 20s.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Mine either, except to pay for it. LOL

When I was young (and dumb) I turned down one of the green kevlar stocked 40x stainless repeater for less than $1500 and a grey stocked KS sporter repeater for $1700. They sure weren't the only ones that got away.

<>< Fish

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I was young (and dumb) I turned one of the green kevlar stocked 40x stainless repeater for less than $1500 and a grey stocked KS sporter repeater for $1700. They sure weren't the only ones that got away.

<>< Fish
I don't even want to think back over some I have owned and let go and some I have the opportunity and not capitalized on. Probably the all time great would be NIB A-5 10 ga though. That one comes to mind pretty quick.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
A non import M1 30 caliber carbine. I had one my father brought back from the Korean War but unfortunately I don’t have it anymore. No fault of my own but I would love to have one of those again.
My dad was in Korea also, got a really nice Rockola carbine .

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sequentially serial numbered pre-Model 27 S&W revolvers. Engraved in the mid 50's to commemorate Smith & Wesson's 100 year anniversary.

Last edited:

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Nope, in a parking lot in Wake Forest.

I him and hawed over this gun for most of the year. Then finally came to the realization that I was getting a great deal and to suck it up.