What is this? Wake County...

haulinbass

Four Pointer
I've lived on this farm 50 years, hunted it for 40, never seen anything like that before... bigger than a bobcat right?

mattharris0414

Looks like a wiener cat to me.. look at those short stumpy legs

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Have told this story before....in the early 90's saw 2 black panthers in Chatham Co. (behind the Sherron Harris dam) while bow hunting early one Nov. morning. They were chasing a big doe off the side of a acorn ridge. Ran right by me down a draw and never have seen them since. People still laugh today of that story.

BiggestSpikeYouEverSeen

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I don't know what that is but here are a couple of trail cam pics I've had (cropped a bit). Not the best images, but they don't always stand as far off the ground as one might imagine.

Oh - this isn't NC btw.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4538.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4538.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 135
  • fullsizeoutput_4539.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4539.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 134

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Have told this story before....in the early 90's saw 2 black panthers in Chatham Co. (behind the Sherron Harris dam) while bow hunting early one Nov. morning. They were chasing a big doe off the side of a acorn ridge. Ran right by me down a draw and never have seen them since. People still laugh today of that story.

Jaguar or leopard?

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
wncdeerhunter, black , very long tails & body, chasing the doe making long strides as they came off that ridge. They caught my scent when they got out in front of me and made a sharp turn and ran down the draw...happened in few seconds. I own land up there right behind Harris dam....deer and turkey hunt.