What is the one change to Marlin you want Ruger to make.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As already mentioned, ditch the safety.

I’d especially like to see an 1895 with a 26” barrel with full length magazine with no safety

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
A stainless inexpensive lever carbine in .350Win, .35 Rem and .450 Bushmaster. I don't care if it has an investment cast receiver as long as it comes threaded, has a decent trigger and will shoot at least 2 MOA at 100-150 yards.

<>< Fish
I’m not even gonna write anything down. He got mine......

I like my 450 AR but that round in a carbine lever would be a bad mother for a bear hog or buck here in the mountains.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I know it won’t be a hot seller, but I’d love to see the 308MX and 338MX make a comeback. Or, create a lever action similar to the BLR that can take pointed, rimless cartridges. Man I miss my BLR...

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I know it won’t be a hot seller, but I’d love to see the 308MX and 338MX make a comeback. Or, create a lever action similar to the BLR that can take pointed, rimless cartridges. Man I miss my BLR...

Bill Ruger was a fan of the Savage 99 and even converted a 99 to semi-automatic. It wouldn't be a suprise to me if Ruger came out with a something resembling a 99 that handled pointed rounds. Ruger has a long tradition of mimicking/copying other designs and making them their own. Below is a list of the ones I can think of.

Colt SAA - Ruger Single Six/Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk
The Standard Ruger Mk1 resembles a Luger
Ruger M77 - Mauser
Walther P22 - Ruger SR22
Keltec P-3AT - Ruger LCP
M-14 - Ruger Mini-14
Savage 99 - Ruger 96/44, 96/22, 96/17
Farquharson rifle - Ruger No.1 and No.3

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
350 Legend in stainless carbine lever action 18 inch barrel ...bad to the bone and fun to shoot.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A Ruger made 99 clone would be hot. Fill the niche that the Deerfield carbines fill.

I agree. I wouldn’t mind one of those in a larger bore.

I LOVE the .44 Rem Mag in a rifle , especially the original Ruger carbine, but I absolutely abhor the 96/44. Quite simply the worst 44 magnum rifle Ruger ever produced, followed closely by the 99/44.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Put some quality back into production. Elimination of the 'mystery wood' stocks would be a good start. Safety does not bother me, you don't have to use them.
^^^^this, got a 35 Rem that was willed to me that is a real Marlin but has the safety and a 357 Mag I got last fall. I just dont use the safety. I use them just like My Win 94. Half cock and thats it.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Better triggers, no more floppy triggers.

I gutted mine and replaced the trigger with one from RPP....also ditched the safety and used their replacement safety plug...and their flat hammer spur. Now its a great rifle but it cost me $150

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Bring back the production of the .338 Marlin Express. It is one heck of a cartridge in a traditional lever. That and the .308 Marlin Express are 300 yard deer rifles any day of the week. Mine are MOA out to 450 yards. Oh ya, I would like to own a new .25-20 too.