what is the longest you have had a trail camera function the way it's supposed to?

DarrinG

Six Pointer
I got a Moultrie A-20 that finally quit working this past fall after 5-6 years of year-round use. On the flip side I bought a Stealth Cam that quit working properly after a week. Once something triggers the camera it takes a picture every time at whatever delay you have it set at, continuously until it fills up the card. POS.

ddavenport

Six Pointer
Contributor
I found it surprising the number that said WGI. Personally I consider those the least reliable low quality cameras I have ever used. Only good thing I could say about them is that they take a decent picture. Maybe I have just had bad luck with them. For me, Browning has been the best and most reliable in that price range.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I found it surprising the number that said WGI.

me too,,,, and some of the other brands,, guess I am just too rough on them,, use them more than others,, or something

I used to like cuddebacks,,, till they kept changing every year and getting worse as far as I am concerned,, when the last three quit after less than two years I wrote them off.

other brands I have used and am using were/are fine, till they weren't fine,, none lasted more than two years,,, some much less,, yes they were cheap (down to $29 for two my wife picked up at the local place) but cheap is BS when the camera fails during use,,,

and I am NOT counting the ones that drowned down at Wahee,,, that's understandable to a point,,,

never got the "5 years" or heck, even 3 years out of any except one brand,, and you pay for that one - but at least USA made (only one that I am aware of),,,and reliable (so far),,, it's going into year 6,,, gonna have to save pennies and buy another of them

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I have an old Bushnell that I've had for about 6 years. Still works pretty well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I bought 7 Bushnell trophy cameras somewhere between 8 and 10 years ago. All of them are still working. I had to send one back and it cost $15-25 dollars and they sent a brand new replacement back. I cant complain. I went to buy a cuddy and a fellow told me to get the Bushnell instead. I took his advice and in my mind it paid off.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Had an old rectangular shaped WGI that was under water. Brought it home, took card, and batteries out, placed everything in my dehydrated, ran it about 5 hrs. Put back together, still running.

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
I found it surprising the number that said WGI. Personally I consider those the least reliable low quality cameras I have ever used. Only good thing I could say about them is that they take a decent picture. Maybe I have just had bad luck with them. For me, Browning has been the best and most reliable in that price range.
This is exactly my thoughts... WGI is the biggest junk I have ever used and none made more than 1 season. I have 10 brownings 5+ years and only one that went tits up after 3 years... other than the 2 I drowned on the Meherrin river after the hurricane a couple years ago. And funny thing I got pictures off the SD card of muddy water and debris triggering it as it went under. They stay in the woods for 12 months...

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I've got Browning cameras that have been in service for over 6 years and still work fine.

me too! Have about 6 of em that are in the 5-7 year old range. One died this season and river got another one. Need to add a few more to the arsenal soon. They’ve done good for me.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
me too! Have about 6 of em that are in the 5-7 year old range. One died this season and river got another one. Need to add a few more to the arsenal soon. They’ve done good for me.
I keep my brownings out year-round and have a few that are on their 7th year.