What have you considered "money well spent!"?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
For me, #1 was $1,xxx on calling 911 and and ambulance arrive and take me to the hospital!!!!

#2 was the top tier gutter guards. For years during downpours we watched the gutters overflow to the point it killed the grass and eroded around them to stone. Long story short, with 2 LONG, STRAIGHT rooftops, and only downspouts at one end, the gutters just couldn't keep up in downpours if ANY trash was in them. We spent a lil bit of $ and got these awesome guards and now we watch downpours without worrying. Again, I once said "money well spent". (this is AFTER a new roof and new gutters were installed at the right drop).

Anyone else got examples?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One in particular was a retirement present for us a few years ago...switched from burning wood in the den fireplace to a large 30" realistic looking natural gas log set.
Dealing with wood every year got to be enough of a PITA constantly carrying it in, cleaning up afterwards, etc...that we had actually gotten away from using the fireplace as much as we wanted to.

Now, its a simple matter of opening the damper and lighting it off.....average coffee by the fireplace now is 4-5 mornings a week from November through March.....no slipping on icy steps during a winter storm, no mess to clean up afterwards, no sparks to pop out, etc.
Need to leave for an appointment ?.....just turn it off / close the damper / go.

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
#1 College money in a trade, machining.
#2 GPS collars for my hounds.
#3 tracking collars for my hounds.
#4 40 x40 garage
#5 kennels on concrete

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
For me, #1 was $1,xxx on calling 911 and and ambulance arrive and take me to the hospital!!!!

#2 was the top tier gutter guards. For years during downpours we watched the gutters overflow to the point it killed the grass and eroded around them to stone. Long story short, with 2 LONG, STRAIGHT rooftops, and only downspouts at one end, the gutters just couldn't keep up in downpours if ANY trash was in them. We spent a lil bit of $ and got these awesome guards and now we watch downpours without worrying. Again, I once said "money well spent". (this is AFTER a new roof and new gutters were installed at the right drop).

Anyone else got examples?

So the REAL question - did the ambulance ride happen DURING the install of the gutter guards???

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Definitely dogs. I've spent a lot of money on a full blooded bullmastiff and recently a full blooded miniature schnauzer. Both are worth every penny

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Power wheels tractor and power wheels gator. My kids spent hours riding those things. I don't know how I ever got anything done before we bought them.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I guess the most rewarding expense I've had in the last few years is the money I put into rehabilitating the starving sick puppy that came down our driveway one morning several years ago.

He runs the house now & drives me to distraction sometimes, but I wouldn't take a refund on all the money I've spent on him.........

Southern

Ten Pointer
Cab tractor after years of open station tractors. I finally learned you cant outrun yellow jackets and I got tired of allergies for weeks after mowing. A/C is pretty nice also.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
  • hospital bills for my son
  • land we bought and built our home
  • life insurance
  • retirement savings
  • hunting lease
  • my boat

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Just thought of another....

- forestry Mulcher to clear a few areas of my lease. Wasn’t cheap but saved me weeks of manual labor!