What had you rather win

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
a rifle and scope combo or a shotgun. Total value of about $900

Trying to decide what to give a way as a fund raiser. $5 or 5/$20 ticket, looking to sell 1,000 tickets. My goal would be to clear $3,000.

Thank you for your input.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Let me know when you're ready to roll. I won one of my Benelli's on $20 worth of tickets. No matter how many raffles I participate in, I'm still way ahead. It is definitely worth the chance.

Jim

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Shotgun guys love shotguns. Rifle/pistol shooters love shotguns. General population overall likes shotguns. Rifles dont really go for the general population of people that dont hunt or maybe they dont shoot. Unless someone is strictly antigun, most households have a shotgun and usually a .22lr.

for a raffle, its hard to beat a Browning Silver in the price range you mentioned or a Beretta A300.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ll be the odd man out, I’d be more up for a rifle/scope combo myself.
Or I’d be up for a SxS shotgun… in 20 or 28 gauge

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Shotgun (preferably a mid tier double)
I think the abundance of different calibers and scope preferences for rifles complicate choosing the right combo to appeal to larger groups of people.

With a shotgun you can go with 12 or 20 and cover most people's bases.

Last edited:

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you go with rifle, let them put their own scope on it. Lots of folks have very specific ideas about that. But overall, shotgun is probably a better idea IMO.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
A Montefeltro 20 gauge is a little over your budget but helluva gun anybody would be proud to have, maybe make up the difference with a few extra tickets. A Weatherby Element in 20 is an economical option putting more back in the fund and a great shooter.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Set it up with a dealer for an either/or winners choice. I will say I would rather pick my own scope for a rifle. I would be a sucker for a lever gun, Marlin or Henry.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Let me get this straight, $900.00 investment and a $3000.00 return?? How do I get in on the front edge of this??

BTW, shotgun in my opinion......

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Shotgun probably fir a couple of reasons. 12 or 20 ga cause evem though 16 & 28 are popluar they are more expensive to shoot and most people dont reload. $900 buys a lot of shotun with several really good options out there.

If rifle leave off scope. A decent scope is minimun $200-300 and that eats into how much you have left to put into the gun. Id rather win a $900 rifle and put my own scope on it than win a $600 rifle with a $300 scope. Caliber of rifle should be one of the major ones so you can appeal to both hunters and paper punchers that dont hunt also.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Let's get in on the front edge of this Woolly Mammoth thing.

8 bore BPCR SxS with paradox rifling.

Cast for a LH shooter.
I'ld have to buy a bunch of tickets, so I could fire that thing at least once, so I could say I know what a plane crash feels like. 😉

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'ld have to buy a bunch of tickets, so I could fire that thing at least once, so I could say I know what a plane crash feels like. 😉
That’s my thinking… maybe have a NCH&F range day and sell tickets to shoot it. We can’t be the only gluttons for punishment on here

Reactions: DRS

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Get an mid price AR15 with a decent red dot. Might be the last chance some people will have to win one.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
A hot woman with loose morals & dyslexia, so she can't get my phone number right.
Wait, that wasn't an option?

O.K., shotgun is a good second.

Jim

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For those that mentioned that they would be interested.

I'm old school and don't do the fancy cash apps. But we're smart enough to figure it out.

Proceeds will be used to buy shotgun shells, 22 ammo, another archery target and a few other items. But mostly stuff to go BANG.

Thank you,

1655478557341.png