What else do you enjoy doing?

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I like my vegetable garden. I like amateur carpentry though I'm really horrible at it. I like going out to a local brewery and drinking beer (though I'm not much into craft beer.)

Anything with dogs...but generally the v-dog pointing dog world.

I've had 14 foster dogs, 2 shorthairs, 12 wirehairs, in the last two years or so. I especially like seeing what they get up to in permanent homes, following on facebook. Some have turned into great hunters with their permanent homes. I especially like seeing the "hard cases" do well where they end up.

One was a six year old wirehair that was dumped at a shelter, adopted out, then returned for aggression concerns; I got him and worked through it, placed him in an appropriate home, and they love him, and he's doing things that I would have thought impossible the first day that I had him; but most importantly he's a constant companion to her husband that has alzheimers and is planning "hunting trips" with him every morning (they walk around the fenced in pasture,) and is a perfect protector and security guard to his 70 year old "mom" that lives out in the country. Another sweet little female is now referred to the "household uberpredator," and that comes from a guy that has a DD.

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Father of two boys (6 and 1.5)...so not a ton of time for extracurricular activities!!!
-Played golf competitively until the last year or so (too much of a time commitment right now)
-Ultra Running/MTB Endurance Racing (not enough time to train this year)
-Fishing
-Freediving/Spearfishing
-Going to do some competitive archery this year for fun...my 6yo is all in on archery right now, so I guess I will be too!
-Planning out of state DIY hunts that I never go on
-Breaking and fixing things...mostly breaking

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Photography- I like entering local photography contests.

Woodworking- Building small projects and expanding my knowledge and skills on my CNC machine and the upgraded software (Vcarve Desktop).

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
I like drinking with and playing with my wife [emoji2957]

Wife and kids are #1. Sometimes makes it hard for me to be in the field, because I want to be in both places.

Over the past 5 years I've built a family farm, starting with dirt and no know-how. Now I have a bunch of chickens, turkeys, peacocks, a duck, pigs, and cows. And now that I've done all that (basically by myself), my wife wants to go vegan [emoji23][emoji24]

Recently got back into brewing beer. Was big into that prior to my youngest two kids being born.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RBR

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Skeet shooting and dog training, but I consider both of those to be part of hunting. I like to read and build things but don’t do either one as often as I’d like.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Outside of hunting I really enjoy the wildland fire aspect of my job.

When not working I'll load my lab up in the truck and we head to the woods to explore somewhere new.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Also forgot to add, loading the Gus up and going for a ride. Car, truck, boat, he doesn’t care. I think I enjoy it more than he does, and that’s hard to do. 36512F10-D630-499F-91BE-0DA6503F27DE.jpeg

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
I like drinking with and playing with my wife [emoji2957]

Wife and kids are #1. Sometimes makes it hard for me to be in the field, because I want to be in both places.

Over the past 5 years I've built a family farm, starting with dirt and no know-how. Now I have a bunch of chickens, turkeys, peacocks, a duck, pigs, and cows. And now that I've done all that (basically by myself), my wife wants to go vegan [emoji23][emoji24]

Recently got back into brewing beer. Was big into that prior to my youngest two kids being born.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like your style!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
barebow target archery (Level 2 Coach)
making and shooting PVC pipe bows
resistance training (CPT) myself and others and learning more
handloading
riding my motorcycle
watching all sorts of road racing
tinkering around the house, in the garage /shop, in the yard
learning about science & technology

Your mention of PVC bows sent me on a google quest, then a deep, downward spiral on youtube, followed by a trip to Home Depot and a weekend of making and shooting PVC recurves...

Thanks....I think!!!

tim_dawg22

Button Buck
My main hobbies are deer hunting, bass fishing, and woodworking and by the time I ween myself off of one I’m getting heavily involved in the next and it keeps me occupied pretty much year round.

I use these others to fill the gaps lol:

Golf, Grilling/smoking, Video games, Mountain Biking, DIY stuff like modifying climbing sticks and making ROS.

In the last 2 years I’ve accumulated all the stuff (bow press, arrow saw, draw board, fletching jig, etc.) I need to do my own archery work so that has become a hobby in itself.

I’d like to get into some 3D archery to keep me fresh year round but I don’t know of anywhere close by (I’m in Cameron).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I love spending time with my family. We really enjoy just being together and riding around/exploring. We've started a small farm, and are having fun with that. I also enjoy learning and passing on the knowledge. I've been seriously considering going back to school(again) just to learn something new, and make a small difference. And creating stuff out of wood.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Flying
video chats withmy kids and grand kids scattered all over the world.
Camping
Women

Ironic nobody has mentioned the three lettered word starting with S**. Lol Hope I don't get banned for that. LOL.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
travel around North America
make jewelry
educate the next generation of trappers
host veterans and soldiers and sailors on our farm to hunt
thank God for my blessings
shovel horse poop with my daughter (did I say that out loud?)
cook
hike
gearhead work with a pic of 1 of my babies from the 80's
32 ford 3 window.jpg

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
I see quite a lot of people who are musically inclined. I play guitar and sit in with my sons for a couple of charity gigs once in awhile. I can fool around with keyboards and I just got my hands on an old Hammond organ that needs a little work.

I also hold what I call Camp Granddaddy where I keep various combinations of my 4 grandsons when they track out of school. We go hiking and fishing and to museums and other places like Fort Fisher. I keep saying I am getting too old for it but it gives me great pleasure spending time with them and watching them grow and learn.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Fishing, hunting, camping, canoeing, 2 way radio, gardening, working out, playing Basketball, shooting. growing trees, used to train pretty heavily in Boxing and Martial arts but broke my neck in 3 places in 1996 so I cant now. Just lucky I can do the others now and not in a wheel chair.

Last edited:

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Fishing, small game hunting til season goes out and then back to fishing. Gonna try a garden again this year and lots of stuff around house (to much around house)Gonna try trapping a little to. Got to catch them raccoons and foxes eating my pet turkeys and chickens.
Go for it buddy! It’ll protect your birds and you’ll fall head first into an addiction that is actually worth it . Time to pay the piper (insert maniacal laugh here)