What do you think this is?

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Those are 4 good ideas, I will investigate all of them and get back to you!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

all wrong so far,,,,

that is OBVIOUSLY the left upper arm of a warrior wearing chainmail lowcrawling up on an enemy

battle-ready-children-s-medieval-habergeon-chainmail-armor_3__88869.1564504893.jpg

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks like the strap
Well, maybe. The strap has some light/dark coloration woven into the fabric, but unlike the item in the original picture it does not have any relief to it. Strap looks and feels smooth. However I won't rule that out. Also I can't at this time rule out any of the other suggestions.strap.png

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
How does an Armadillo get up a tree....can they climb? Looks like camera shot level on the ground. Must be a trespasser pulling your leg.....I once caught one on my property using a trail camera to get deer pictures and I took a piece of tape and covered his lens then placed my camera hidden so as to get a picture of him when he checked his camera....paid a visit to his house with the game warden...problem solved.

Panthera

Eight Pointer
From what I have found, they can climb albeit awkwardly. And they can jump up to four feet off the ground.

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
I'd be willing to bet it was the strap. Find weather data from your area March 6th and if it was windy that night id say mystery solved

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'll try to do some testing this week and wave the strap in front of the camera, see what happens.