What do you do for mosquito control?

With all the rain the mosquitoes are bad in my yard. What do you guys do to control them? Have trees and shrubs around in the yard. Let me here what your

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
With all the rain the mosquitoes are bad in my yard. What do you guys do to control them? Have trees and shrubs around in the yard. Let me here what your
If you’re outside cooking or just hanging out the thremo-Cel makers have some products you can get. Most any Walmart has them in the camping section l

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Take a diabetic with me. Less bites that way.

Shoot fireworks.

On a serious note remove things that hold water is the biggest thing. You can include plants that repel. Used Coffee grounds in areas where water stands in yard.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Take a diabetic with me. Less bites that way.

Shoot fireworks.

On a serious note remove things that hold water is the biggest thing. You can include plants that repel. Used Coffee grounds in areas where water stands in yard.
Coffee grounds , I just learned something new. Lord knows we’ve got plenty around here. What do you do to make use of them.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Coffee grounds , I just learned something new. Lord knows we’ve got plenty around here. What do you do to make use of them.

Just spread it on the ground where water puddles in the yard. In flower beds, under deck, etc. Might not be a good idea to spread in high traffic areas.

cmcarter

Six Pointer
Talstar Pro and spray it anywhere it’s damp. You can buy it off of EBay.

I spray once a month in the summer in my back yard. If it’s an especially rainy summer, maybe every 2-3 weeks to keep the mosquitos at bay. I back up to a swamp and my back yard is damp and wooded. Great stuff. Haven’t found anything better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Talstar pro and Bifen are same thing just big difference in price. I spray my yard and around pond and have no issues with insects.

dropnbassonu

Four Pointer
Bifen or Talstar as said above. They are generally sprayed with a standard backpack sprayer

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Which is the best buy? Bifen or Talstar and where is the best place to buy them?

Talstar is a brand.
Bifenthrin is a chemical name.

Any generic will work.
Like RoundUp vs generic glyphosate.

Tractor Supply, Southern States.
Lots of online dealers...domyownpestcontrol.com

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
yes to coffee grounds, I just put some in my rain barrel... up till a couple days ago I had tadpoles that matured and they were eating skeeter larvae..
also have a Burgess propane fogger I use only after dark when bees are not present.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bifen.

Southern states.
Buy the concentrate and a hose end sprayer and coat a circle 30 ft from your house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I spray my 2 acre yard with Bifen I/T using an ATV boomless sprayer. I still get mosquitoes but it helps a lot. It gets rid of fire ants too.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^ it might be how and when you are spraying.
I try to spray when the targeted species is most active at my place.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Bifen and some redneck engineering...involves a backpack blower and a 1 gallon sprayer for the shrubs and trees. Whole lot cheaper than one them mister blower thingys:D The rest of the yard is just a regular backpack sprayer.

The difference is astonishing(y)

I hated to have to do it, as I don’t mind the bugs so bad myself. But when I can’t let my daughter outside without skin so soft, long pants and shirt, then OFF...and she STILL gets ate up....nope nope...

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bifen and some redneck engineering...involves a backpack blower and a 1 gallon sprayer for the shrubs and trees. Whole lot cheaper than one them mister blower thingys:D The rest of the yard is just a regular backpack sprayer.

I hated to have to do it, as I don’t mind the bugs so bad myself. But when I can’t let my daughter outside without skin so soft, long pants and shirt, then OFF...and she STILL gets ate up....nope nope...
Interesting idea. I'll have to try that.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
I have never had a mosquito bite that left a welt like the ones my wife gets whenever she spends time outdoors. I live down east where they are present in abundance year round and we have some the size of F-15s. I don't like it when they buzz around my head but that rarely is a big problem even while hunting or fishing. I bought a thermocell on the advice of a friend and ended u giving it to my wife to use on the deck. I'm really curious if there is anybody else on here that is the same way? And along the same line I am not allergic to anything, not the poison ivy, sumac, oak, not bees or wasps, no medication or foods. Nothing.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Im the opposite, they tear me up and dont.touch my wife......so she waters the hell out of all of her beautiful potted flowers and i go behind her dumping the water out.....its too late to trade her in on a new model......have 3 dogs too, so hesitant to use too many chemicals

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a backpack gas powered mister that also does a dandy job as a backpack blower. 2 years ago I came across the bill for the mosquito spray service and calculated that I could by a brand new blower/mister and the chemicals for less than half the cost of the service. The only thing I do differently than the paid crew is that I would pass a drug test.......

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I have never had a mosquito bite that left a welt like the ones my wife gets whenever she spends time outdoors. I live down east where they are present in abundance year round and we have some the size of F-15s. I don't like it when they buzz around my head but that rarely is a big problem even while hunting or fishing. I bought a thermocell on the advice of a friend and ended u giving it to my wife to use on the deck. I'm really curious if there is anybody else on here that is the same way? And along the same line I am not allergic to anything, not the poison ivy, sumac, oak, not bees or wasps, no medication or foods. Nothing.
My wife is the same way, she gets eaten up and they leave welts. Yellow fly bites make a blister on her. She loves the outdoors but hates a dang bug.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Here I thought I was the only one that had done this. Works great and a lot cheaper.