What did your NCWRC Turkey Survey card look like?

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just submitted the results from my turkey observations the past two months.
12 Hens, 14 Poults, 2 Gobblers, 1 Unknown. All sightings in Durham and Orange Counties only.

Seen better and worse. This year was pretty average. The only gobblers I saw were together at a place I couldn't hunt. Of course.

How about you?

Jim

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Catawba Co....3 hens
Thats it 😞😞

My FIL did tell me that the mtn hatch in Yancey and Mitchell looked really strong but I never went up to see for myself.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Saw 14 including 3 hens and 11 poults. Saw them multiple times as a group but thats it.

ctsnow

Six Pointer
I saw 4 hens in March in Yadkin county. Haven’t seen a Turkey here since. Sad times…

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Worse ever.
2 hens and 2 poults.
The hens hanging around here literally was skirting around the neighbors once a week who has 5 friggin roaming ass cats. The brood kept getting smaller and smaller.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'll have pull mine up when get back see exact numbers it was pretty decent as far as hens and poults go but light on gobbler count.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well :donk:donk:donk:donk….. though I’d have egg on my face by halftime

Clark

Ten Pointer
Had about 20 hens walk into my deer feeder yesterday. Damn shame I don't have permission to hunt turkey on that plot. Although turkeys only show up about every other year or so.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Never saw a hen during the survey months, but saw two groups of them on Saturday. One group of 8 had 3 adult and 5 juvenile hens. That means those 3 hens likely also raised 5 jakes, which would be very good production for them.

Saw another group of 11 hens, but moving too fast and too far away to verify age class.....