What did you make?

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
So, I was on the pot, deep in thought, and came up with an idea. Many of us make or have made all kinds of sh.. things. I want to see what ya got. Figured this won’t be a follow along or tutorial so it would best be put here. Points go to those that are relevant, double points to those that are random as heck.
That being said, WHAT DID YOU MAKE?

Oh, and pics or it didn’t happen.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
We've got some talented folks up here. I've made a bunch of stuff over the years. Sometimes I'll make something just to see if I can.
Knives, holsters, some carpentry/woodwork, a little metal fab, just whatever I feel like trying my hand at.

End table I made for the wife
Screenshot_20211011-153529_Instagram.jpg

Pantry door for a coworker
20211011_154526.jpg

holster for my sons wrangler
20211011_153407.jpg

my shooting bench, which even though it's a simple build, I'm really happy with as I designed it to be cheap, strong, stable, and fairly light.
20211011_155315.jpg

and the kayak holder from my thread
View attachment 74864

Last edited:

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Real tempted to show you guys my 3 daughters but I know how that will turn out as they are all beautiful!!! :)

So...I bought my first flintlock in 1977, in Stone Mountain, GA from a fellow named Bob Watts that made them..It was a .45 caliber, with a large Siler lock and a 42 inch long barrel....First session to the range and I was forever hooked on flintlocks...It shot and fit me wonderfully...I used it for 10 years or so almost exclusively on deer and squirrels and even won or placed in a couple of shoots when I moved back to North Carolina...Killed about 25 deer with it and it did a good job...Well, that's about the time bears moved into our farms and I decided on making a .54, which I completed I believe in 1988...It took me 2 years to complete, it was not a kit, the barrel was inlet into the rough stock and the ramrod hole was drilled...This was before the custom kits we now have...I've used it every year since and can only remember losing one deer to it...I also use it to give talks on the American Revolution to local schools and Boy Scouts...

Attachments

• IMG_0050 2.JPG
    IMG_0050 2.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1161.jpeg
    IMG_1161.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 23

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
20211011_170015.jpg
chicken coop that's not done yet. made from leftover wood from fence. Ran out of wood and refused to pay what they were asking when it was high. friend that fashioned the bird above is making me a weather vain.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Good Lord, what do I make?

I make double bogey's. I make Dinner, I make people feel better about how their lives turned out, and I make tiny bits of data go from on place to another at aroun 70% the speed of light.

Hard to take pictures of my failures, but I am AMAZED by the ones so far!

Last thing I "made" was this. And it leaks ALL THE TIME! :mad:

IMG_20200329_193329037.jpg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good Lord, what do I make?

I make double bogey's. I make Dinner, I make people feel better about how their lives turned out, and I make tiny bits of data go from on place to another at aroun 70% the speed of light.

Hard to take pictures of my failures, but I am AMAZED by the ones so far!

Last thing I "made" was this. And it leaks ALL THE TIME! :mad:

View attachment 75896
I wish I was close, I would fix those leaks for you.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I am making stuff all the time more out of utility than craftsmanship. Will have to think on it and take some pictures tomorrow of something more interesting but in the last week or so it's been more chicken housing. Did get tired of buying hinges so started making them from old steel barrels and 30 penny nails. When I get my sawmill up and running I'll be making lumber and oak tables20211002_185208.jpg20210923_102308.jpg

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
I made a water-bong from a 2-liter bottle, beer can, a snorkel and duct tape. Sorry guys, no pictures, Gotta use your imagination. It was a long time ago; and only served a short-lived purpose. At the time, I thought I was a genius. During the evening, my self-appreciation grew even more. :mosh:

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
There’s a lot of equipment out there with hydraulic components I programmed and made. I even own a few pieces and some of y’all may have too.

This one isn’t the wildest thing I’ve ever made but it is somewhat sentimental considering it was the last part I programmed and made on the mill before I hung it up ten years ago to farm full time.

1E047E8E-26E7-4566-9099-CE6CD1CAEADA.jpegD41D157B-AAED-4091-A8B7-CC409463F041.jpeg