What are you looking forward to?

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Taking my teenage sons out with DownEast guide service to meat fish the week before they go back to school.

Sighting in my new Skinner sights on my Marlin 1894.

The tomatoes ripening in the garden & a fresh watermelon from it.

Deer season. I love deer season. With my current attitude towards pro sports, I think I’ll be spending more of my time in the woods.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
*Going fishing in Cherry Groves SC with my SIL 3rd week in July.
*Get back into running, gotten slack after last marathon in Greensboro 20/2017. Was all hyped and ready to start training and Covid-19 showed up. I want to do the American Tobacco trail Marathon in Cary nexy year. @54, Army still embedded, always will.

Got a bunch of family surgerys coming up.
Not to spoil the thread, but be glad when they can get thru the recovery of these surgerys and be more mobile and no/less pain..
*2nd week of July......
Daughter, knee surgery, Patella
Mother in Law (in her mid 70's) lower back surgery.
*August????
Wife right wrist Carpal Tunnel surgery.
When she recovers from that Knee surgery (from car accident 2018)

*Finish Gheenoe facelift project :painting (RedLeg camo pattern), electrical
For deer and duck hunting.
* Sighting in H&R Huntsman 45cal muzzleloader for deer ( wife got it for me at an estate auction in Waynesville)
*Skeet tune up for Dove and Duck seasons
* Oct'ish Fly fishing Brevard/ Rosman area with SIL and future SIL.
*Hopefull get a Duck hunting trip in, either OBX or out of state.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I don't have many plans coming up. I just started a new job a month ago so I'm trying to get a grasp on it. One day at a time.

My Son and his wife are meeting us at Kure beach for a few days in August and I haven't seen him (them) for almost a year. Not much more than that at this point.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Been haulin' corn to a bear bait site on a regular basis. Seeing quite a few on the trail cam. One is quite the bruiser. Me or my brother plan to rotate sessions and take one with traditional archery equipment. River cane arrow, turkey fletchings, obsidian point, the works. If a doe wanders by, she may get it as well.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
-The apocalypse being over.
-Not being looked at like the Spawn of Satan when I don't wear a mask.
-Starting a new business venture.
-Homeschooling my children.
-Tomorrow's sunrise, because we weren't promised today.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Dove hunting my sunflower fields.
Quail hunting with my new bird dogs
First big migration of waterfowl.
Enjoying another season with my Dad and my Sons.
Traveling when international flights open back up. Lot of cool stuff to see, fish to catch and game to hunt on this rock we live on.

Last edited:

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
Catfishing the 4th,and going to Lake gaston for a week with 10 friends and all thier kids,got a massive 3 story house,pontoon boat and jet skis....any tips for fishing lake gaston

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Looking forward to grilling this wknd with tater salad and watermelon. Long range looking forward to cool weather I'm no fan of summer heat but love Oct through May

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Catfishing the 4th,and going to Lake gaston for a week with 10 friends and all thier kids,got a massive 3 story house,pontoon boat and jet skis....any tips for fishing lake gaston
Find a spot away from the nuts. I will be going up also. I leave the boat at home because all the kids and nuts on the Jet skis.
I try coves when I did carry the boat.
Will be fishing the dock at the house this weekend 8 to 14' water.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
For real. This time of the year there are loads of drunks and young kids that have no clue about boats and Jet skis. I bet there are several hurt and killed this weekend.

I have had them run over fishing lines, hit anchor lines and anchor balls. They will also flat run your planner boards over as they drive by to see whats in the water.
Great fun can be had, just need to watch the first timers and weekend fools.
I stay on land as said for the 4th. I can sit and fish all I want. I do keep a surf rod with a 6oz weight, casts great for distance and stops a jet ski fast when they run over my old braid. It is one way of stripping line fast so I can respool for the fall. Sets on top of the water..

timber

Twelve Pointer

Not sure you can use the word fishing and Gaston Lake in the same sentence this time of year. Especially over the 4th. You might get by wirh some night fishing