What are you looking forward to?

jopel

Four Pointer
Contributor
Looking forward to fall/winter and cold weather, and all the activities that come with it.

Lighting off some fireworks this weekend. Cooking out with family and friends and drinking a few cold ones. Celebrating the 4th. Meeting out on an island somewhere on the lake and chilling with the Fam and friends. Fishing, Jet skiing, paddle boarding, boating, floating, listening to music. And of course restocking the freezer this fall. Hanging out with other club member by a campfire with a bottle of Jameson shooting the breeze. Getting back to my camper at deer camp and camping all weekend. Should be a hoot!

Last edited:

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Gill netting flounder. Trawling for white shrimp . Shooting a couple spikes. sky blasting some grebes and sipping corn whiskey.
LOL. My SIL shot a Grebe a few years ago, funny stuff. He wasnt used to NC waterfowl.....[emoji2960]. Almost as funny as my first Dove hunt at Johns River Game Land (was about 5 yrs ago and my first ever Dove hunt). And i shot a big a** Finch, looked like a dove to me[emoji849]. I was so excited. He laughed so hard.
(I beat you to the punch on this one).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
I look forward to bow season. After losing my dad Jan 29, and brother in law two weeks later, handling estates, covid, dealing with a mother with dementia, I'm looking forward to watching the woods wake up.
That's a lot. If your family needs a break I have a free place for you to stay within 30 minutes of the ocean. Pm me

redbow

Ten Pointer
Excellent post Justin. I have been a member since 1999 when the site was ncdeer.com. I've seen the forum change tremendously. I will not get into the pros and cons but I attribute a lot of it to social media. Anyways, I bought a house in Vandemere last August because I fell in love with the big drum fishing August through October. This past fall and winter I fell in love with the trout fishing. I am looking forward to introducing my 9 yr old daughter to this incredible fishery. I will not push her but I hope and pray she loves it as much as I do. I am looking forward to learning something every time I go fishing. I am looking forward to sharing my house and boat with many friends. I am looking forward to the good times we will share and memories we will make. I am looking forward to when Covid 19 is a thing of the past and our country returns to some sense of normalcy. I pray that happens.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
-Waiting for that first tomato of the season to ripen.
- Got a new Ruger GP100 in .44 Special coming next week, looking forward to giving it a workout.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Glad you asked Justin...I had been looking forward to meeting my niece...brother and SIL lost their first baby when she was two weeks old, my parents first grandchild, so to meet her and Spend a week with my parents, their second but healthy granddaughter, and my brother was special.

My brother is my favorite fishing partner, with Dad being a close second (Dad’s a bit cautious if you really want to be catching fish.) we struggled with warm Green Bay weather, and a tough bite, but managed to boat our first Salmon in the bay and figure out the walleye bite by doing what we used to do as kids, fish at night in the river.

I was even patient enough to take my brother bass fishing (I figure why bother with a bay full of trout/salmon and a river full of walleye.). Gus makes a poor boat dog, always trying to retrieve the fish.

Attachments

• 4584132E-8441-4D53-A637-F3FD64E7F862.jpeg
    4584132E-8441-4D53-A637-F3FD64E7F862.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 891013DD-FB29-4ACF-9550-EEDAF79A8558.jpeg
    891013DD-FB29-4ACF-9550-EEDAF79A8558.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 296A4D9D-FF4F-4A9C-9C2A-850F3D2F50C4.jpeg
    296A4D9D-FF4F-4A9C-9C2A-850F3D2F50C4.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 25
  • 7DAF4822-1313-44F0-B245-E9AA4BC68FC6.jpeg
    7DAF4822-1313-44F0-B245-E9AA4BC68FC6.jpeg