What’s your pup look like

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well took the better part of an hour, but we removed the bandages. Top couple inches were an adhesive type that was stuck to the skin. That took time as she wasn’t really happy with that whole process. She’s moving around gingerly but not as stiff legged like before with the bandages. Another step in the process. March 5th the stitches/staples get removed Until then dry and clean is the goal.
View attachment 139680
View attachment 139681
Does she have to wear a cone of shame? Ours had to and hated it.

A funny story about those cones: Amy's son, Zach, was maybe 13 when Ellie's first leg was done. He thought it would be funny to put the cone on and take pictures clowning around. So, we did.

He laughed and took pics...and then reflexively tried to scratch his nose that itched, with predictable results. He got very still as he realized that itch was there to stay. His eyes got wide and he said "OH this sucks!!" And began trying to take it off.

I'm waiting for him to remember it's velcro attached and he has opposable thumbs. Nope. Kept trying to pull it over his head.

I'm doing all I can to not laugh. Finally he stops and says, "Please take this thing off me." Which we did. I only wish we had video of it.

“J”

Twelve Pointer
Does she have to wear a cone of shame? Ours had to and hated it.

A funny story about those cones: Amy's son, Zach, was maybe 13 when Ellie's first leg was done. He thought it would be funny to put the cone on and take pictures clowning around. So, we did.

He laughed and took pics...and then reflexively tried to scratch his nose that itched, with predictable results. He got very still as he realized that itch was there to stay. His eyes got wide and he said "OH this sucks!!" And began trying to take it off.

I'm waiting for him to remember it's velcro attached and he has opposable thumbs. Nope. Kept trying to pull it over his head.

I'm doing all I can to not laugh. Finally he stops and says, "Please take this thing off me." Which we did. I only wish we had video of it.
She’s either at my feet or the wife’s feet, as long as that’s the case she doesn’t have to wear it. But if she goes to her safe place (rear bedroom) she gets it put on her. She despises it and it’s like tying and anchor to her as she wont budge.

“J”

Twelve Pointer
She had her two week follow up visit yesterday. Stitches and staples removed. Everything appears normal and we can do a 10 minute walk twice a day. This has been her first walk in almost 2 months….. Six more weeks of this until her next/last appointment. She’ll be released if all goes well.
IMG_7802.jpeg

“J”

Twelve Pointer
IMG_7894.jpeg
Slow but surely we’re getting there. She goes back April 15 for her 6 week post op. We’ see what they say at that point. 20 minute walks twice a day and still on a leash at all times outside. Damn squirrel was on the front porch when we went out this morning. She found the end of the leash real quick at that point….. 😳
Fortunately no ill effect from that encounter….

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
This thread dies, and comes back, and dies and comes back again, and every time I read the title wrong.
A little loose…..A streak of blood….

“J”

Twelve Pointer
This thread dies, and comes back, and dies and comes back again, and every time I read the title wrong.
A little loose…..A streak of blood….
Probably wanna have that checked out….. I’m not a doctor, but I did stay at a holiday day inn express…..