What’s your dream hunt?

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Polar bear for me. Would really like to go out and see nothing but ice and snow for a week. Experience the Inuit culture with dog sleds and watch them hunt seals. Even though CITES no longer lets you import the skull and hide into the US, this is a hunt I have always wanted. In the 90’s you could do it for around $12,000. Now it would cost you around $65,000.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
In the vein of dream hunt(s) that will most likely never happen, Stone and Desert Bighorn Sheep. Just don’t know if I can ever afford that. I feel confident about getting a Dall hunt done at some point and will chase Bighorns in the Unlimited units in Montana in the near future, it’s those other two that command around $50k that make them almost impossible. I know this is the archery forum but those would be rifle hunts. Dream bow hunts that will probably never happen? Tule elk, Shiras moose, top units out west in Utah and Nevada for Rocky Mtn elk and mule deer that are near impossible to draw for guys just getting in the pref point game. I’m trying to accumulate as much “play money” as possible these next few years so I can utilize chasing some of these dreams.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Archery hunted colorado elk in 2017, camped at 10000' for a week, I would choose that again over anything

A low pressure Osceola turkey hunt (if it exisits) on public land with thousands of acres of big pine woods and swamps to explore.

A Nebraska turkey hunt similar to the trips the QBD crew goes on is on my list as well.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Marco Polo sheep or ibex. But that is truly a pipe dream.

Dall sheep or Alaska Yukon moose. Both of these could happen in the next 10 or so years.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
This past show season I saw some very reasonable packages for various Ibex hunts in Spain. Some were less than $4000

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Mine would be a dream for sure.....id love to go back in time 50 years when a trip to south GA could yield 100 or more rabbits in a day...same with quail.....

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Marco Polo sheep or ibex. But that is truly a pipe dream.

Dall sheep or Alaska Yukon moose. Both of these could happen in the next 10 or so years.
Was listening to Kifarucast while working last week, a man could have done Marco Polo sheep for $7k (includes flights) if he had a flexible schedule and could go last minute relatively speaking on a call list cancellation hunt.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Lot of people have been shaken down for more money at the start of their hunt. That part of Asia can be dangerous. CITES is trying to move Marco Polo Sheep to threatened and that will most likely stop hunting.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
My bucket list hunts would have to be Grizzlys....moose.....elk in any state/weapon. Also a combo hunt for anything/muleys as well. Eventually I think I’ll stumble across a Black Bear as we occasionally get a few around the camp in Vance, Jackspa has one looking up his ladder on his stand a few seasons back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
My dream hunt has changed as a result of my advanced age. My dream hunt these days would be sitting in a box blind or maybe a two-seater ladder stand with my old friend LastTombstone on his place. It wouldn't even be important for me to see much less shoot a deer. My second choice would obviously be an early morning turkey hunt with him anywhere.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For me, my dream hunts are relatively simple.

I want to go on an elk hunt with my Dad.
I want to be there when the better half and my kids take their first deer.

Those are top of the list for me.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I’ll be in New Zealand hunting elk with a bow in the next 5 years. That’s the goal anyways. I’d stay in the states, but my job won’t let me have time off to do it. New Zealand’s rut lines up perfectly with spring break. [emoji16]

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Moose in Alaska. A year ago I applied to work on some planes out in Palmer. We were at the point of packing and working out the logistics of the move. Divine intervention took over and we're still here in NC. It's a long story but, I can't believe how well everything has played out for us since. That being said, we'd be eligible for the draw next year had it went the other way. Life as it is now, I'm glad it didn't but, I still want to hunt there.... My avatar is of us sitting in the Little Su river. It's a breathtaking place.