Western Guide Recommendation

Raging Bull

Four Pointer
Looking for guide recommendations for western hunt. Elk, muke deer, pronghorn, etc. Not set on any state or species. Myself and a couple friends want to make a trip so looking for some first hand experience and guides that people here have used. Thanks in advance.

Might also be interested if someone has a trip planned and need another person. Pm me please. Thanks

Randy

Ten Pointer
I can give some info on a place in Wyoming but it will probably take several years to draw and elk tag. I believe deer and pronghorn are easier draws though.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Can't provide any info on WY but I spent a lot of "change" trying to get a tag in Montana. Applied and paid for additional points, nothing. Went in with a group of five (if one gets selected all in the group are selected). We all paid for an additional point. Also our one point from previous applications were valid. Nothing. Second year as a group with all of the extra points already earned and the purchase by each of for another additional point. Still nothing. I think we had about 20 plus points. Still no tags. A couple of the group had to drop out and after all of this we decided we had been "HAD" and decided to cut our losses and run. So it goes without saying, Montana could be a great hunt however it became a question is the cost worth the hunt. It is to be noted that our $250 for the application was returned but the costs of the additional points were not returned.

From what I have read New Mexico is probably the best location for a VERY BIG trophy elk.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Can't provide any info on WY but I spent a lot of "change" trying to get a tag in Montana. Applied and paid for additional points, nothing. Went in with a group of five (if one gets selected all in the group are selected). We all paid for an additional point. Also our one point from previous applications were valid. Nothing. Second year as a group with all of the extra points already earned and the purchase by each of for another additional point. Still nothing. I think we had about 20 plus points. Still no tags. A couple of the group had to drop out and after all of this we decided we had been "HAD" and decided to cut our losses and run. So it goes without saying, Montana could be a great hunt however it became a question is the cost worth the hunt. It is to be noted that our $250 for the application was returned but the costs of the additional points were not returned.

From what I have read New Mexico is probably the best location for a VERY BIG trophy elk.
You had to be buying bonus points and applying for a limited entry unit that either only hands out a few tags to non-residents or none at all. No way you applied all those years and couldn’t draw a general tag or even a low-demand limited entry unit. Heck 2018 was the first year they didn’t have leftover elk tags since 2011 or so. Still sucks though and I’d honestly be wondering how I didnt draw a Montana tag all those years applying.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Quinlan Ranch in Chama, New Mexico. 17k acres of private ranch and top notch facilities. Be prepared to shoot 500-600 yards off of shooting sticks and you’ll harvest a bull. I saw over 300 animals in 3 days of hunting with them.

They’ve got a high fence, if that is of interest, but we hunted the open ranch and had an awesome time.