Went to Cherokee this weekend

CarolinaReaper

Man, I'm envious. You got some decent up close shots. I never was able to do so a couple weeks back. Were some of those at the visitors center? I actually only saw one the whole time I was there in that area.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
Yeah that’s where most of them were, the field beside the old farm. We went both evenings around 6:30 and the field was full of cows and the 4 bulls. The big bull was buggling.

CarolinaReaper

I’m really wanting to go back in a couple of weeks and see Clingmans Dome

Brother, not sure if you've been before, sure you have, but go EARLY. I know you may wanna wait for better lighting for pics, views,etc. But parking will vanish like smoke in a tornado. I got up there at around 9AM and still had to park about a quarter mile from where the actual parking spots are.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I left empty handed, a wore out 1100 for $899 so I knew better than to look at anything else but they were paying $175-$180 for a pound of ginseng if anybody has any

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
Brother, not sure if you've been before, sure you have, but go EARLY. I know you may wanna wait for better lighting for pics, views,etc. But parking will vanish like smoke in a tornado. I got up there at around 9AM and still had to park about a quarter mile from where the actual parking spots are.
I have went pretty much everywhere in WNC but have never made to the Dome yet, I have heard you need to get a early start and I’m sure as the leaves change it will get even worse

CarolinaReaper

I have went pretty much everywhere in WNC but have never made to the Dome yet, I have heard you need to get a early start and I’m sure as the leaves change it will get even worse

That's what I'v heard regarding the leaves.. Wear some decent clothing, it was brisk and windy a few weeks back, only gonna get colder now. It's a rough half mile to the tower but man, the views from up there are absolutely spectacular.

I am gonna try to head back up in a few weeks. Maybe to Chimney Rock. Haven't quite decided yet. At any rate, good luck and look forward to the pics.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I seen your post a couple of weeks ago and the pictures you posted looked pretty awesome. I live fairly close to chimney rock been around it pretty much my whole life. The downtown area gets pretty crowded around the leave changing season. It has some pretty views from the top. If your going to make the trip it’s pretty cool to take a boat tour on the lake, if you leave and have time if you stay on hwy 9 that will take you thru bat cave and some of Hendersonville and drop you right back out on I-26.