Well I'll be danged....

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
....Ohio opened back up for non-res hunting on Monday for the last week of the season.

Now you tell me.....when it's too late.

This season has been so jacked. States like Kansas and Nebraska give absolutely no warning that they're halting license sales to inbound non-res hunters, and Ohio gives no notice that they are gonna open back up. If they did I didn't see it and I'm on the email list for all those states' DNR's šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
....Ohio opened back up for non-res hunting on Monday for the last week of the season.

Now you tell me.....when it's too late.

This season has been so jacked. States like Kansas and Nebraska give absolutely no warning that they're halting license sales to inbound non-res hunters, and Ohio gives no notice that they are gonna open back up. If they did I didn't see it and I'm on the email list for all those states' DNR's šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Go figure I was off most last week and got to to work all this week justbpar for luck this year

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And yes...looks like he is way too close to the garden. Canā€™t have them eating up the groceries.....lol

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Iā€™m a lot closer than yā€™all and would go if the season was still the old structure where it was still open 3rd week of May, Iā€™m having trouble justifying the cost for a couple days of hunting, weather doesnā€™t look great either but Iā€™m getting more tempted by the minute

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Iā€™m still pissed at Ohio for suspending license sales to begin with... whatā€™s the difference between me hunting there this Saturday vs two weeks ago ??? Nothing ...

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Iā€™m still pissed at Ohio for suspending license sales to begin with... whatā€™s the difference between me hunting there this Saturday vs two weeks ago ??? Nothing ...

Exactly, it makes no sense. None of it does.
When we go up we have already purchased our tags online. We pay for gas at the pump. We see no other hunters in the spots we hunt. We may stop for groceries once, but we could have brought food from home. Im sure that not everyone does it like we do, but we are the least likely of anybody to help spread a virus.

PG2

Ten Pointer
You didnā€™t miss much up here in Ohio, the weather has been crazy, rain, snow and cold temps that just got right yesterday. Only 2 more days left for most of the state...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30/06

Twelve Pointer
KY did the same thing then sends email asking people to apply for NR elk tags. Wonā€™t let us come hunt turkeys but sure have no trouble taking NR ā€œdonationsā€ for a chance in the elk lottery. Piss off! First year in a long time I didnā€™t apply.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
They were set up 150-175 yards from the bird feeder. The bird was killed 50-70 yards from the bird feeder. That's a poke with a shotgun, right there.

So, bird feeders ain't baiting(in Ohio).
Interesting..... LOL
Really, it makes no difference to me. The other article I read painted a different picture.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seems fishy the way the worded it, maybe they mistyped the numbers

Or not, TSS is some deadly stuff

100-125 yards is a bit much though LOL but theoretically possible, I sure hope no one is shooting a turkey that far away

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The way I read it, the shooters thought they were further away from the bird feeder than they actually were. This is based on what the shooters said versus what the investigators found to be the actual distance. But they were not very clear if the distance the investigators mentioned was to where the shot was fired from or where the turkey was. That could easily change the shooters proximity to the feeder by 50 yds when shooting TSS.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Also, if hunting private property.... and private property is next door, how would one actually know about bait across a line they can't hunt ?

I know, playing devil's advocate here. Something similiar could happen elsewhere.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Also, if hunting private property.... and private property is next door, how would one actually know about bait across a line they can't hunt ?

I know, playing devil's advocate here. Something similiar could happen elsewhere.
Send PM to CRC he is our resident expert on the grey baiting lawsšŸ˜