Well I am going down that old familiar road again.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
With the loss of Jake it seems bittersweet to be messing with a pup again. I had just about quit squirrel hunting but I always did start them on squirrels then switched them over to coons. This is Smiling Jack, he is a half brother to my Sue dog that is so gifted. I figured what better way to try to get as close to the same thing than go back to the same well. He is 5 mos. old and been running loose in the mountains.

This is his first official hunt with me today and his first "tree". Wasn't pretty, would have gotten him minused but the squirrel was there. But shortly afterwards he had treed his second and then his third. No vid of those as I was busy making them fall out on his head. He had settled down considerably and was just mainly interested in letting me know they were up there and waiting on something to fall. It looks like he is going to pick up the routine quite well, I suspect he will be introduced into the night life quite soon.

Click for vid.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lots of potential there, always loved the sound of a squealy mouth dog
I hate it, he is in his puberty voice and I will be darn glad when it is over. He can let it rip in the training pen when he isn't real excited and I will be glad when that is his normal voice.

My best dog Bat had a beautiful voice and he barked out in the kennel at squirrels as a pup and ruined his voice. To this day if he is on the tree over 30 mins he sounds like a hen turkey to I get to him. That makes me sick. This is my best dogs grandfather, that is what one is supposed to sound like.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
that pup gets 3 or 10 in his mouth he's gonna be a monster

nice pup
He got 5 more under his belt today and he was loving it. He has a super nose for a pup. I may extend his squirrel career all the way to the end of the season just because he is fun as long as they are as plentiful as they are right now.

Now to put him in the middle of something that won't climb and get that little hurdle out of the way.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
With the loss of Jake it seems bittersweet to be messing with a pup again. I had just about quit squirrel hunting but I always did start them on squirrels then switched them over to coons. This is Smiling Jack, he is a half brother to my Sue dog that is so gifted. I figured what better way to try to get as close to the same thing than go back to the same well. He is 5 mos. old and been running loose in the mountains.

This is his first official hunt with me today and his first "tree". Wasn't pretty, would have gotten him minused but the squirrel was there. But shortly afterwards he had treed his second and then his third. No vid of those as I was busy making them fall out on his head. He had settled down considerably and was just mainly interested in letting me know they were up there and waiting on something to fall. It looks like he is going to pick up the routine quite well, I suspect he will be introduced into the night life quite soon.

Click for vid.
I'm sure Jake is smiling down at you and Jack .