Weird Vehicle sale

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
So the guy ( ok kid I think he was young twenties ) just stopped to buy the truck and he didn't want to test drive it or anything. He popped the hood quick and heard it run and then shelled out 39 new hundreds and jumped in and left. Not sure if I should be happy he didn't haggle or worried he didn't try to. He and his friend both offered to buy the 4runner numerous times but that wasn't happening. I guess I at least expected a little push back or something. He did come from 3 hours away and was supposed to be here this morning so maybe he was in a hurry to get home. IMO folks from the Middle East are shrewd bargainers. He did know I had two more people lined up right after him so maybe that helped. You would think he would want to test drive it before driving all that ways in it. Oh well, sad to see it go but hope he enjoys it. It was a good truck and hauled a lot of deer.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
ODM yeah the White Tundra. I needed a back seat and the misses didn't want me shelling out money so I sold the Tundra to pay for the 4Runner. A little bitter sweet we took the top off the 4Runner and took the kids to Baskin Robbins today and it was a memory I will never forget but that old truck was as reliable and loyal as a good dog. I was just shocked that he didn't even want to take it around the block. My wife joked we better get the bills checked to see if they are real.

Last edited:

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I bought the Tundra for high 6 or low 7 with 60K on it and it has 200 on it now so I say I got my moneys worth.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Now all you have to do is hope the VIN # isn't suddenly the center point of some huge investigation in the near future that includes a missing 777.

Sleep tight

:D

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Definitely not quite the same; but I bought a really nice pub style table and chairs for the kitchen off Craigslist a few weekends ago. I went prepared to talk them off about $50; but when I got there, I immediately knew it was exactly what I was looking, great shape, and the price was fair; so I gave him the cash asking price, loaded it up and took off.

Though, I would have at least wanted to get a used car up to highway speeds to test it out.

Last edited:

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
He used my tag but his insurance. I need to get a new title. In the reshuffling to prepare the house when I was in the hospital my wife lost all the vehicle titles. Not sure how that happened when we have a filing cabinet and two safes.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I would be scared to death. A deal to good to be true probably isn't. LOL. I'd be worried to death about my tag still being on that vehicle. Especially scared if the buyer were Middle East origin.

Last edited:

Bruce

Spike
I haven't done to many vehicle sales but there is no way I would trust someone I don't know to drive away in a vehicle with my tag still on it. Seems like you already have some doubts about the guy. Hopefully everything goes well for you.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Last time I sold a vehicle the guy who bought it wanted to drive alway with my tag still on it..I told him no way sir. I took my tag off and turned it in to the dmv..