Weird Gameland Stuff

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Most odd thing I ever saw was on Pond Mtn Game land. It was after dark and I was sitting in the bed of my truck, drinking a beer and making my plan for the next morning hunt. Suddenly, this van comes speeding up to the parking area. A guy jumps out, climbs on the roof of his van, stands there for a second with his hands on his hips and then starts howling like a wolf!! He does this for about 10 seconds. Then he gets down, jumps in his van and takes off back down the road.
Full Moon???šŸ˜

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Game warden came across a strange, sick one on local game lands one night. Guy with a beard, wearing a dress, looking at dirty magazines while sitting in his car. smh.

Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Don't know if this is weird qualifying or not. Is funny. Was told a guy I know was on game lands smoking one. Before he finished, someone knocked on the side of his vehicle. Army guy asks if he could back up some. He did and supposedly a helicopter came in and hovered and some guys roped out of the helicopter. Bet it scared the you know what out of him when the guy knocked on the vehicle. lol

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I donā€™t hunt public land and I think Iā€™ve told this before but we were at Farrington point one evening waiting for it to get dark to launch the boats and go bow fishing. We noticed a middle age guy in the water about waist deep on the ramp. He was shuffling around in the water. We never thought nothing about it really because we were all the time seeing Hispanics bathing there but this guy was white. He walked up out of the water wearing a t shirt holding it over his privates with one hand and carrying his pants and underwear in his other hand. He walked right by us and said ā€œsorry fellas, I :donk:donk:donk:donk myself and had to wash my clothes and myself offā€.........................

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
One time at a location similar to bragg I was stopped and asked if I had seen a herd of goats. I started laughing and was told this was a serious situation and I just laughed harder. Apparently, some one failed at containing the goats and were on the brink of a good old fashion whoopin. Yes I do know what the goats were for and no I will not say lol.

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Found a Santeria altar near Beaver Dam area of Falls Game Lands about 15 years ago. Weird dolls, dead headless chickens, Bowls of what appeared to be dried blood, partially burned messages written in Spanish. Lots of candles.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not weird, but rude.

Hunted an area of Lake Jordan gameland when I was 18.

Came out to my truck to find bent windshield wipers, an unsavory note, and 2 dead birds in the bed.

They were encouraging me to never hunt "their" spot again.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
I've never really ran upon anything too weird on game lands. A guy that I used to work with told me that sometime during the 60s\70s, he was hunting over in Transylvania County near the Pink Beds. He was hidden very well near the edge of a field. Back in those days there were lots of maintained fields and deer on USFS lands. A car pulled in and stopped. A man and woman really went at it. He said he was so close he could have reached out and touched them with his bow. He said when they finished, the woman lit a cigarette and looked out the window. He said "If you all don't mind, I am trying to bow hunt here" and said the woman's eyes got as big as saucers. Said the guy was trying to get the car started and going at the same time. He said they went tearing out of there wide open.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I've never really ran upon anything too weird on game lands. A guy that I used to work with told me that sometime during the 60s\70s, he was hunting over in Transylvania County near the Pink Beds. He was hidden very well near the edge of a field. Back in those days there were lots of maintained fields and deer on USFS lands. A car pulled in and stopped. A man and woman really went at it. He said he was so close he could have reached out and touched them with his bow. He said when they finished, the woman lit a cigarette and looked out the window. He said "If you all don't mind, I am trying to bow hunt here" and said the woman's eyes got as big as saucers. Said the guy was trying to get the car started and going at the same time. He said they went tearing out of there wide open.
It took a lot of determination, but Iā€™m happy to report my wife has given up smoking