Weight Loss 2019 update #3

redbow

Ten Pointer
My third weigh in and I lost 1/2 pound this past week. I'm down to 241.5 lbs from a starting weight of 258. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I've been eating well and hitting the gym regularly. Only thing I can figure is that maybe with the weight training I'm doing, I'm adding muscle. My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Oh well, I knew from the beginning this was gonna be a marathon and not a sprint. How are you guys doing? Wishing the best for all of us.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Scared to look after the 4 day party last week...... maybe I will look when I shower in a bit

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Don't be discouraged. If you're eating better (more healthy), then you're better off and healthier no matter how slowly the fat comes off. The first 10, 20, etc.. pounds (depending on how overweight you are) come off way easier than the last. Also remember ... it's not even only a marathon ... it a life change.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Down 20lbs here, Keto diet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gained 40lbs from chemo steroids that put me at 6'5 300lbs when all was said and done. I started a hybrid-keto diet a month ago and dropped nearly 25lbs so far. I'm looking to get back to my military days around 220lbs. I'll take this start!

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My third weigh in and I lost 1/2 pound this past week. I'm down to 241.5 lbs from a starting weight of 258. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I've been eating well and hitting the gym regularly. Only thing I can figure is that maybe with the weight training I'm doing, I'm adding muscle. My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Oh well, I knew from the beginning this was gonna be a marathon and not a sprint. How are you guys doing? Wishing the best for all of us.

If you are calorie deficit, you won’t build muscle. Maybe for the first week or so, but after that, you can’t add weight without having extra calories.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
Last month I bought mom's house which needed all floors joices girders and sils replaced been working 14 hour days don't know weight loss cannot find scale ..just know pants that we're too tight now require a belt...cannot wait to get fat on couch again

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Doing the Health Dare. Down 28" (4" at waist) after the first 30 days. Have my 60 day check-in next Tuesday. Already cut about 6" off my belt. I still have a long way to go but the program is wonderful. I am eating lots of foods that I wouldn't eat in the past but it is working well!

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Doing the Health Dare. Down 28" (4" at waist) after the first 30 days. Have my 60 day check-in next Tuesday. Already cut about 6" off my belt. I still have a long way to go but the program is wonderful. I am eating lots of foods that I wouldn't eat in the past but it is working well!
How expensive is that program heard it was pretty costly to start it

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Been trying to lose weight just by refusing to eat after 9PM, and reducing portion size. Have two meals per week where I eat whatever and however much I want. Its a slow slow process, but I'm down to 238 from 256. So I'm down 18 lbs. Could lose more if I would get off my ass and walk. My goal is 215-220. Haven't been that weight since my early 30s.

Havent noticed any difference in energy...but Im not snoring nearly as much and I don't get my nightly reflux attacks anymore.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I'm down to 200 even. That is about 35 total since 10/8/18. I really didn't alter much of my diet but I now notice that I dont need to eat as much. Monday through Friday oatmeal with some cinnamon and honey. 2 yetis of coffee with vanilla creamer. I bring food to work. A granule type bar for 900am. Sometimes an avacado. A salad with chick peas. 2 cuties. For dinner I have whatever I feel like. Saturday I went to a pig roast. Sunday I killed a rack of ribs. Burgers, hot dogs, etc. I do go on the treadmill for at least 35 minutes, only walking, but on an 8% incline. Some push ups and light curls and shoulder presses a few times a week too. Exercise was the key for me. I Went to the Dr Monday and he lowered some of my medication. I do seem to have settled into this weight as I have been maintaining it for a while now. My energy level is way up too. Keep up the good work Gents!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Havent noticed any difference in energy...but Im not snoring nearly as much and I don't get my nightly reflux attacks anymore.
I was snoring and had sleep apnea before I lost the fat. I went from 226 to 196 lbs. After I lost the first 10 lbs, BOTH went away. Snoring and sleep apnea are definitely bad for you, including possibly reflux (correlation) and heart problems.

As I've posted before, I highly recommend 5-2 intermittent fasting. It's worked great for me AND for friends and coworkers who are doing it. Some of the great things about it are that you...

1. only have to be careful 2 days per week,
  2. KNOW that you can always have whatever you want tomorrow (if you don't do your fast on consecutive days). If you fast on consecutive days, then, WORST CASE, after tomorrow, you can eat whatever you want. This is a HUGE psychological advantage,
  3. quickly get used to eating less even on your 5 "feed days",
  4. learn to eat healthier because you spend your 500 / 600 fast day calories wisely.
  5. get positive reinforcement with quick results,
  6. will feel better not having all that food / crap in your system bogging you down.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was snoring and had sleep apnea before I lost the fat. I went from 226 to 196 lbs. After I lost the first 10 lbs, BOTH went away. Snoring and sleep apnea are definitely bad for you, including possibly reflux (correlation) and heart problems.

As I've posted before, I highly recommend 5-2 intermittent fasting. It's worked great for me AND for friends and coworkers who are doing it. Some of the great things about it are that you...

1. only have to be careful 2 days per week,
  2. KNOW that you can always have whatever you want tomorrow (if you don't do your fast on consecutive days). If you fast on consecutive days, then, WORST CASE, after tomorrow, you can eat whatever you want. This is a HUGE psychological advantage,
  3. quickly get used to eating less even on your 5 "feed days",
  4. learn to eat healthier because you spend your 500 / 600 fast day calories wisely.
  5. get positive reinforcement with quick results,
  6. will feel better not having all that food / crap in your system bogging you down.
This is interesting to me.
Do you fast consecutive days or alternate days or just random days per week ? Is it determined by convenience or by work days?

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I "fast" ( <= 600 Calories) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I picked those days because fasting on the weekends wouldn't work for me socially (with my wife) and I lift on M-W-F. I tried fasting on Tu/Wed, but I simply "ran out of gas" during my Wed workout.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I also recommend to all who try this, to EASE INTO IT. For example, cut to 1500 Calories the 2 fasting days of the first week, then go to 1000 Calories the 2 fasting days of the second week, and finally, go to 500-600 Calories there on out. Though the first week of 500-600 Calories is tough for most people, it is amazing how quickly you will adjust to less food. You simply get used to it.

Eat healthy Proteins and Fats and green vegetables on your fasting days. I avoid Carbs at all cost. Burn that FAT.

I've also found that I haven't lost much if at all on my lifts even though I've dropped 30 lbs … that was about 13 % of my body weight. Apparently, my loss wasn't much muscle and pretty much all fat. Oh … and pull ups are MUCH easier. ;)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I "fast" ( <= 600 Calories) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I picked those days because fasting on the weekends wouldn't work for me socially (with my wife) and I lift on M-W-F. I tried fasting on Tu/Wed, but I simply "ran out of gas" during my Wed workout.

Never really though of the calorie fast. I like that.

I'm currently doing a 16:8 hour fast every day. (16 hours fasting, 8 hour window to eat)

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I gained 40lbs from chemo steroids that put me at 6'5 300lbs when all was said and done. I started a hybrid-keto diet a month ago and dropped nearly 25lbs so far. I'm looking to get back to my military days around 220lbs. I'll take this start!

I'm down 50+ pounds now and continuing to roll. I feel better than I have in a long time.

It's hard to look at the picture on the left. I was beaten down by the chemo but happy to have beaten the cancer.

Here's to a few more pounds!

Last edited:

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Six years ago after a number of years of retirement I had hit 233 and when I saw photos of me at the time of my granddaughter's HS graduation I was embarrassed by the revelation. Started working my way down, got to 207 three years later, had bladder cancer surgery and trickled down to 193 two weeks after that. Weight lost in a short period of time usually comes back with a vengeance and mine didn't disappoint.

It slowly crept up to 214 over a couple of years and about 18 mos. ago during a cystoscopy procedure my urologist patted me on my bare paunch and says "You know, for every 15 pounds you lose you gain 2 inches on your penis". Well, this morning I weighed in at 198 and am hopefully optimistic and if he is correct at least maybe I'll be more able to keep my shoes dry.

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I've lost 22 lbs in 4.5 months. Haven't got an exercise routine yet, just eating better. Adding a regular routine once my plantar fasciitis gets better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk