Weight Loss 2019 update #3

redbow

Ten Pointer
My third weigh in and I lost 1/2 pound this past week. I'm down to 241.5 lbs from a starting weight of 258. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I've been eating well and hitting the gym regularly. Only thing I can figure is that maybe with the weight training I'm doing, I'm adding muscle. My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Oh well, I knew from the beginning this was gonna be a marathon and not a sprint. How are you guys doing? Wishing the best for all of us.

ScottyB

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Scared to look after the 4 day party last week...... maybe I will look when I shower in a bit

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Don't be discouraged. If you're eating better (more healthy), then you're better off and healthier no matter how slowly the fat comes off. The first 10, 20, etc.. pounds (depending on how overweight you are) come off way easier than the last. Also remember ... it's not even only a marathon ... it a life change.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup its all about a life change and not just for the scales its way more important what your doing for your arteries lungs kidneys and so on its the things you don't see that benefit the most and as you age you'll appreciate

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I am down from 216 to 204. I am now a regular at the gym. Doing a lot of cardio and a lot of strength training. I no longer eat bread or refined sugar. Lean beef, lots of salmon and some chicken. Fresh veggies and fruit.