Weight Loss 2019 update #2

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Caffeine is a diuretic , if the soft drinks had caffeine and the person drank them regularly then the body is dependent on this stimulant to help the kidneys and there will be water retention for several weeks which will actually make you gain weight temporarily. Usually this will resolve itself within a couple of months as long as you watch salt intake during that time. This is true for the BP meds that act as a diuretic, if you stop them for several days expect to gain weight.
disclaimer: I am not a Dr and am not giving medical advice, nor am I a weight loss expert ;)

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you did that and didn’t lose weight, you replaced those calories with something else.

That’s assuming weight as an average. It’s really just math.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
If I have lost a lb the scales haven't shown it.
I will say I don't feel as bloated as I did before. Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting a big loss or anything just wanted to see what would happen.

I have lost weight in the past but always jumped into it hardcore. I'm not doing that again because I never stay with it.

sent from...... Tapatalk

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I wouldn’t sweat it. If you weighed yourself for 10 straight days at the same time of day, you’d get a fair average and that’s a good representation of how much you weigh.

If you eat no differently (otherwise) and cut out sodas, you’ll lose weight. Period.

m4ncsu

Ten Pointer
IMHO ...

Exercising is good for your body … but it's NOT what will drive weight / fat loss.
Training and building muscle will create tissue that will burn fat 24/7.
The vast majority of your fat/weight loss will come from changing your diet.
The main thing exercise does for you is reduce stress. (So does resistance training.)

Start watching at 1:09:00 -- 1:13:00

I've watched the whole thing and found it fascinating. It turns out that FRUCTOSE (high fructose corn syrup, anyone? -- it's in just about ALL processed foods, it seems) is the devil.

Greg,

This was eye opening. Just watched it at my desk. Really causes you to want to drink only water. Soda is ethanol without the buzz.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
I have learned that at almost 54 years old, the recovery time is longer after a good workout.

I am not really dieting, but hitting the gym 5 days per week. I am starting to feel better and have more energy. I am down from 216 to 212. My goal is eventually to be back to 180. I have a long way to go, but I know I will get there.