We have a Sunday race now!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Not gonna lie, I have watched a lot of youtube Iracing videos of the guys who are good at it. I at least find it very entertaining. What's far MORE entertaining is the guys who go on racing games, JUST to tick off the others in the race. One popular guy has his hood painted "#3 Died LOL". When he's called out on it he says it means "lots of love". He only goes 1 to 2 laps before turning around and going the wrong way causing massive chaos. Yes, he has received death threats.

We used to have THEE setup in our warehouse. The racing gaming chair with pedals, stick or paddle shifting, and full blown I Racing account up to F1 cars, in front of a 23 foot diagonal LED wall screen!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Well, here it is. Some guy singing the National Anthem from his garage at home. Biggest surprise so far........................... finally, the stands are full. Guess that's one way to do it.

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
Watching the 2001 spring Atlanta race on FS1. I believe Harvick and Busch are the only two still racing that is in this one.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Looks like this eSeries is going to be a regular thing for a while. Fixing to run Texas right now on Fox 50 in my neighborhood. And The Biff is back, along with Jr. Just kept the sound on for the National Anthem in a long time. Bob Weir sang acapella and although didn't hit every note right on spot, had the best feeling of someone showing respect for the Anthem as opposed to all the crowd who "performs" the Anthem. Great job, Bob.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I find it interesting that Byron is the only name many would even recognize in the top 10.

And Tim HIll running 4th right now on is little $250 setup cruising a lonog way in front of Hamlin in his $40K unit. LOL.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I really have no interest in watching someone else play video games.. it may be interesting, but not my cup of tea. You guys enjoy...

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Contrary to what I thought, it was actually very interesting. I hope they run Wilkesboro soon, maybe Rockingham too. It's amazing what technology can do.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Who'd have thunk it?

Bubba Wallace loses his sponsor, because of his video game race reactions!

I feel they are justified in dropping him!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'll do the best I can. The tracks have been digitized to the extend that it is an exact copy of any given track. They have done it with virtually every racetrack in the world now.

The participants are scattered all over, at home, in a shop, in the studio and are all connected by computer. They have a "control station"/simulator type thing,, some of which cost $40K and some which only cost $250. The driver sits at his station, which has a screen in front of him showing him what is going on in front and a mirror for what is behind. It is pretty much just like driving the car and actually racing.

The work for the fans has been pretty good as they have been able to capture virtually every area of a race, just like a normal one. Drivers make pit stops, have crew chiefs who are working strategy etc. The only thing is, if you get banged up, or "Bubbaed" as Boyer put it last week, you can go to the pits and get a "reset" which gives you a new car, and continue, albeit, you will probably be a lap or so down. And you only get a specific number of restets, usually 2.

I have found it to be very realistic and the intensity of the drivers is real.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Oh, I knew it was televised video games being played on simulated tracks. My question was pertaining to the loss of sponsorship by the petty saviour...

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Thanks. Not that I disagree with the decision, but that is the way he has been, so it's no real surprise. They knew he was a walking controversy when they signed on. As did petty enterprises. The decision to put him in a car was probably their last ditch effort to remain in the sport. No one else truly wants to be in that situation.