we have a problem Houston,,,

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wow!!!! What a herd! I get maybe 5 in a picture and that seems like a lot to me but whoa! I think I'd be trapping some of them or getting a coon hunter in to work on them if either of those are options.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
When I have set them on corn piles to help guys out I have gone four nights in a row with quadruples. Just gotta set them and check the next day

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
When I have set them on corn piles to help guys out I have gone four nights in a row with quadruples. Just gotta set them and check the next day

A good bait recommendation. Get some cheap jack mackerel from Walmart and the cheapest fish flavored dry cat food. Mash it up in a used mayo jar. Put a big marshmallow on the trigger with the bait underneath and you are golden.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No sir . For coons I use Duke dog proofs.

When I have set them on corn piles to help guys out I have gone four nights in a row with quadruples. Just gotta set them and check the next day.

A good bait recommendation. Get some cheap jack mackerel from Walmart and the cheapest fish flavored dry cat food. Mash it up in a used mayo jar. Put a big marshmallow on the trigger with the bait underneath and you are golden.

Just make sure your traps are tagged and swiveled!

Thank you, Sir!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I’ll vouch for G3. His methods are money on coons. I plan on putting a hurting on the pesky egg eaters late this fall on my sc lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
all this trapping info is sweet,,,

been trapping/treeing/killing coons for many decades,,,

ain't paying $200 for a SC trapping license for that privilege,,,I'll leave them to the coon dog fellers,,,

but thanks for playing,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You shoot dem coon for eatin that deer corn I'll drive all the way to La. to get a spell put on ur azz. :D

exactly,,,,ain't shooting them for what comes natural,,,,but will give the coon hunters a hard time for them sorry walkers most of them hunt down there!!

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Set 3-4 dog proofs each night and you will clean them out. I took 53 out of one 90 acre property in one year.
And that was after the Rowan County Walker Days coon hunt when we had some trespassers come slipping in from the creek . Stole 3 of my coons and 5 of my traps

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I’ll vouch for G3. His methods are money on coons. I plan on putting a hurting on the pesky egg eaters late this fall on my sc lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate that Ben. I do my best to keep my landowners happy. Keeps me in free hunting territory. Started out just trapping beavers. But that was a 900 acre property in Iredell off 21. They were happy to let me hunt so long as they didn't have to go down every morning and clear out the culvert!